Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luas Green Line

• 05-07-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'm looking to get from O'Connell St. to St Stephens Green by luas, but the map on their website is a bit confusing.. Would I be correct in assuming I can get on a luas at the GPO and it will bring me to St Stephens Green? Or will I end up in Broombridge?

Cheers lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

No you'll have to go to Marlborough Street or Parnell Street to get a Luas to Stephen's Green. O'Connell Street to SSG is only a short walk so you don't really need to take the Luas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

probably as quick to walk, if that option is open to you.

if you want to go to stephens green, don't get on at the o'connell street stop, get on at the marlborough street stop, which is a few hundred metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is a split between south bound and north bound trams. You need the Marlborough stop to go south.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

I'm looking to get from O'Connell St. to St Stephens Green by luas, but the map on their website is a bit confusing.. Would I be correct in assuming I can get on a luas at the GPO and it will bring me to St Stephens Green? Or will I end up in Broombridge?

Cheers lads
    Nope you get the luas on Marlborough Street to go south to Stephens green

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Cheers lads

No get the luas on Marlborough st. It’ll bring you over the bridge around trinity, up Dawson st and then Stephens green.

The o Connell st one heads north. You’d end up in Cabra.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

weird; four answers in a row, all in agreement. maybe a first for boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

weird; four answers in a row, all in agreement. maybe a first for boards.

I beg to differ!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

Sweet thanks lads, and yeah I'm lazy as **** so luas it is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You can board at O'Connell St if the tram says Parnell. Chances are if at peak times better to walk to Marlborough for a more frequent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

Luas CC connection should have been underground. You could outwalk it as a 90 year old grandmother with lung problems and two broken legs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Blame Mary O'Rourke for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Seriously though, the GPO on OCS to St. Stephen's Green is 1,200m or approximately 15 minutes of a walk. A walk that takes in the buzzing atmosphere of Grafton St. Unless you are physically unable, or it is lashing rain, I don't know why anyone would hop on the luas. Exercise in any form is great for our bodies and mental health (and in this case our wallet!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Seriously though, the GPO on OCS to St. Stephen's Green is 1,200m or approximately 15 minutes of a walk. A walk that takes in the buzzing atmosphere of Grafton St. Unless you are physically unable, or it is lashing rain, I don't know why anyone would hop on the luas. Exercise in any form is great for our bodies and mental health (and in this case our wallet!).

Stress isn't good and walking trying to navigate language student groups and groups blocking Gradton St listing/watching at times questionable talent been performed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Stress isn't good and walking trying to navigate language student groups and groups blocking Gradton St listing/watching at times questionable talent been performed.

+1

I always go up Dawson Street if heading for St.Stephen's Green (or Kehoe's, Sth Anne St.). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Sweet thanks lads, and yeah I'm lazy as **** so luas it is lol

there are plenty of bus options too 46a, 38s etc

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

Well I had to get a luas because I was collecting my bike from megabikes and had to wear all my gear into town so I certainly wasn't going to be walking it haha

Advertisement