Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills testing for u14

Options
  • 03-07-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Been training u14 team now for past 6 months and finding it hard to see who has improved or gone backwards along with which skills are a players strong / weak point so we can organise drills accordingly.
    Does anyone here bother with something like this? I'm thinking for next year that we would have each player perform a given number of handpasses, kicking, catching etc, maybe 20 of each. And get a baseline for where they are at. Then in 4 mths time we do same test and see what improvements or otherwise there are.

The hope being that this will tell us if a drill is working at all or needs to be tweaked.
    Might also be an easy way to show mammy/daddy who asks me why their kid is not getting enough game time and why some other child is playing instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Might also be an easy way to show mammy/daddy who asks me why their kid is not getting enough game time and why some other child is playing instead.

It's u-14. Give everyone equal game time for the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭threeball

Rega wrote: »
    It's u-14. Give everyone equal game time for the love of God.

Exactly. People are too caught up in winning every game at too young an age. Best thing you'll do for any of them is challenge their weakness that brings alot down to the same level very quickly. Have them play 10min games with only their weak foot. The stand out lads don't look like such superstars anymore you'll find but distinctly average.

Advertisement