Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women-only Train Carriages

Options

Comments

do they not have boards in London or Mexico

ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

do they not have boards in London or Mexico

ask them

El Bordo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

It's a good idea to have women only carriages as some toxic men have a problem with women having rights, those same men have sexual tendencies they cannot control., women should not live in fear from such sexual beasts who cannot keep it in their pants. And before the male mob trounce on this comment, some men are gents but there is a serious problem within the male species in sexual harassment of women hence the separation of the sexes is needed to protect women from predatory horny men.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Although I would be happy if patrons who insisted on talking loudly on mobile phones and eating loudly would have their own carriage.
    In other countries they have special carriages with shielding to block mobile phones, no wifi, not 3/4/5G , no interweb ... bliss

As a man, who identifies as a woman at convenient times, I think it's a great idea.

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote: »
    It's a good idea to have women only carriages as some toxic men have a problem with women having rights, those same men have sexual tendencies they cannot control., women should not live in fear from such sexual beasts who cannot keep it in their pants. And before the male mob trounce on this comment, some men are gents but there is a serious problem within the male species in sexual harassment of women hence the separation of the sexes is needed to protect women from predatory horny men.

fear isnt a measurable nor rational attribute

legislation for women-only carriages would soon prove very """"'"'problematic""""''

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ridiculous idea for Ireland.

let alone.the question of men who live in fear of "beast men"

wheres our carriage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Yes please. In a lot of cases the women are worse than the men!

Yeah you can't read the news without being inundated with stories of women **** , groping, harrassing and filming unsuspecting passengers.

Nope. Seems to be mainly a man thing.(and because it needs to be clearly stated around here - not all men. But it is clearly a problem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

This is just giving feminists another platform.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Nah, no need for it in Ireland. It is not a culture with a sh1t attitude towards women.
    Just to add. Women, the world wasn't just made for you, climb down off that high horse and partake of common decent courtesy from time to time.
    Thanks for that. I'd never have known. Because all us women are exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Considered derailing the thread but then multiple casualties.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

haha.
    onto a TRAIN

i like it

fear isnt a measurable nor rational attribute

legislation for women-only carriages would soon prove very """"'"'problematic""""''

There is a genuine fear amongst women at males up to no good, men need to control themselves with their misogynistic and chauvinistic control of women, keep control of their urges within their pants!

Tonight, there are women hailing taxis and buses afraid to walk home in the dark because some men will attack them firstly because they are women and secondly to sexually assault them.

Which is why separate carriages are a godsend for women, keep the prevalence of attack to a minimum!

There is a genuine fear amongst women at males up to no good, men need to control themselves with their misogynistic and chauvinistic control of women, keep control of their urges within their pants!

Tonight, there are women hailing taxis and buses afraid to walk home in the dark because some men will attack them firstly because they are women and secondly to sexually assault them.

Which is why separate carriages are a godsend for women, keep the prevalence of attack to a minimum!
    Ah I find this kinda thing uncalled for - and I'm a woman. It's so divisive and demonising. It hardly helps relations between the sexes.

What you describe does exist unfortunately, however the way you describe it makes it seem like it's all over the place. It's extremely rare in Ireland. It's much more common in some African and Central Asian countries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I completely agree that there are women who live in fear and rightfully so and I don't buy the nonsense that some posters here are spouting that this problem doesn't exist in Ireland because Irish men are grand - complete bullsh*t. But women only carriages doesn't address the problem, it just creates a diversion around the problem. It also sets a dangerous precedent in that next buses will be segregated by gender, then workplaces and again I completely understand why this would be appealing to women. I'm not coming at this from a "not all men" angle. The behaviour that leads to this fear needs to be addressed and moving the victims of it isn't the best way to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

As someone who believes in aspiring for true equality of the sexes and has been a feminist before the advent of the "me too" era, is it ok if I as a woman "trounce" the comment.

A lot of men (and women) are horny and can glance at attractive people if they want, it's a bit of fun particularly when you are young and single. That's how the majority of us in the 90s and 00s were chatted up or how relationships started, through conversation and body language, not by interacting on social media.

I fear that this new wave of virtue signalling and PC nonsense is going to lead to men and women afraid to look at each other almost like the dystopian world of the Handmaid's Tale or worse like Saudi Arabia. The same "feminists" are possibly insisting on unisex toilets.

When my friends and I were single and if some bloke was acting pervy or pushy we would tell him where to go in no uncertain terms. I feel like the younger generation will not be able to cope with any type of confrontation. Men and women are inherently different and we should celebrate the differences, by all means unacceptable behaviour should not be tolerated but basic human interaction should be allowed to continue.

Ah I find this kinda thing uncalled for - and I'm a woman. It's so divisive and demonising. It hardly helps relations between the sexes.

What you describe does exist unfortunately, however the way you describe it makes it seem like it's all over the place. It's extremely rare in Ireland. It's much more common in some African and Central Asian countries though.

Really? Women won't walk home in the dark for fear of men attacking them.

When the winter hours hit at when we're dark at 4pm, women won't walk or jog on their own due to the fear of men attacking them. (and it's not an unfounded fear)

Every year, watch the streets empty into a ghostland especially when it's dark. Those predator men created that situation and the good men(I agree they exist) have failed to counter the predators to make the streets safe for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They have this in Dubai and it works well. The women don't need to use it of course but it's an option and guarantees them a seat and more space.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

That's just a bunch of extremist, unfounded scaremongering looking knock us off track and to railroad in draconian legislation.

Signals a new low.

As someone who believes in aspiring for true equality of the sexes and has been a feminist before the advent of the "me too" era, is it ok if I as a woman "trounce" the comment.

A lot of men (and women) are horny and can glance at attractive people if they want, it's a bit of fun particularly when you are young and single. That's how the majority of us in the 90s and 00s were chatted up or how relationships started, through conversation and body language, not by interacting on social media.

I fear that this new wave of virtue signalling and PC nonsense is going to lead to men and women afraid to look at each other almost like the dystopian world of the Handmaid's Tale or worse like Saudi Arabia. The same "feminists" are possibly insisting on unisex toilets.

When my friends and I were single and if some bloke was acting pervy or pushy we would tell him where to go in no uncertain terms. I feel like the younger generation will not be able to cope with any type of confrontation. Men and women are inherently different and we should celebrate the differences, by all means unacceptable behaviour should not be tolerated but basic human interaction should be allowed to continue.

I agree with this 100% but on balance, some cracker jogged passed my car last week. i was happy to take in the view, no law against that..the guy in the car behind me was filming her!!1 true as fook the sleezy ****..I could not believe it.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I completely agree that there are women who live in fear and rightfully so and I don't buy the nonsense that some posters here are spouting that this problem doesn't exist in Ireland because Irish men are grand - complete bullsh*t.
    It's not that it doesn't exist in Ireland (among Irish men AND non Irish men) - it's that Irish men aren't hordes of out of control woman-attackers, the way they're depicted in one particular post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Fann Linn wrote: »
    ...and universal toilets.

Good god no

When the winter hours hit at when we're dark at 4pm, women won't walk or jog on their own due to the fear of men attacking them. (and it's not an unfounded fear)

Every year, watch the streets empty into a ghostland especially when it's dark. Those predator men created that situation and the good men(I agree they exist) have failed to counter the predators to make the streets safe for women.
    Which women? Women are still out walking on their own after 4.45pm (it doesn't get dark at 4pm in fairness) in the winter, I can guarantee it. Yeah all streets get quieter when it gets late (they're not ghostlands at 5pm though, or well after it; this notion of the streets of a town suddenly emptying when it's dark - well now we both know that doesn't actually happen).

Yeah of course people avoid walking alone late at night though. It is unfortunately a dangerous time for anyone who can't defend themselves from scum. You'd probably be fine nine times out of ten in this country, but it's still too much of a risk to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Aren’t you a defender of trans rights and self identification which will allow biological males access to heretofore segregated female only spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Which women? Women are still out walking on their own after 4.45pm (it doesn't get dark at 4pm in fairness) in the winter, I can guarantee it. Yeah all streets get quieter when it gets late (they're not ghostlands at 5pm though, or well after it; this notion of the streets of a town suddenly emptying when it's dark - well now we both know that doesn't actually happen).

Yeah of course people avoid walking alone late at night though.

To be fair the sun does set at 4:06 or so in the earliest sunset on the east coast.

I’m happy enough as a guy to understand why women are intimidated by (some) men. Even if it’s only 1% of the population it’s a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The dart has about 4 carriages during rush hour :pac:

We should divide them into a women's carriage, an LBGTQXYZ Carriage, A Person of Colour Carriage and shove the rest at the back.

That's just a bunch of extremist, unfounded scaremongering looking knock us off track and to railroad in draconian legislation.

Signals a new low.

Well then, just look around you. Why do women majorly travel around in cars instead of walking?
    They do not feel safe walking around in the dark due to the real threat of male violence. ( *some males for the pedantics!)

There is a serious problem internationally and here with certain males who can't control themselves amongst women, they are misogynistic and want to control women using sexual violence if needs be for women committing the crime for being independent, this is evident on a packed Tube where women pack together away from men.

• Advertisement

I’m happy enough as a guy to understand why women are intimidated by (some) men. Even if it’s only 1% of the population it’s a problem.
    Yeah but we're generally not.

Advertisement