Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The vast majority of black and Muslim people come from outside the EU. That is the case for now

Exactly. His views are racist because he wants to keep out Black and Muslim people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Exactly his views are racist because he wants to keep out Black and Muslim people.

No just non EU immigration. Probably feels the same about Asians and Indians too.

Non Eu

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No just non EU immigration. Probably feels the same about Asians and Indians too.

Non Eu

Pull the other one. He even said himself he was worried about white areas getting black people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Pull the other one. He even said himself he was worried about white areas getting black people.

Ethnonationalist is probably what a fair few posters would classify themselves as. But basically racism wrapped up in a new name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I'm sure if there were predominantly black places in Africa the locals would be worried if there was to be a large influx of white people.

• Advertisement

Exactly. His views are racist because he wants to keep out Black and Muslim people.

Yes because Black people and Muslim people usually come from a part of the world known as the third world. People from the third world are culturally incompatible with the first world countries as they will engage in a third world mentality. That's not racist that's fact.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    There has been mass immigration into certain towns and suburbs such as Tyrellstown, Balbriggan, Citywest, Balbriggan, Longford and Ballyhaunis.

No there has been mass house buying and renting in the three areas of Dublin that you mention.
    A lot of the people living in Tyrellstown where a friend of mine bought their house work in the likes of IBM, Symantec etc who are based nearby.

Yes because Black people and Muslim people usually come from a part of the world known as the third world. People from the third world are culturally incompatible with the first world countries as they will engage in a third world mentality. That's not racist that's fact.

Ya, you sound like a massive racist tbh...

Its horse****.

batgoat wrote: »
    Ya, you sound like a massive racist tbh...

Well if racist means speaking the truth then I will proudly declare myself a racist

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Its horse****.

What's horsesh1t? It's a fact that most black and/or Muslim people are from third world countries, are you living in denial?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What's horsesh1t? It's a fact that most black and/or Muslim people are from third world countries, are you living in denial?

Most serial killers are white and from the 1st world. So what?

Most serial killers are white and from the 1st world. So what?

Well the highest murder rates are in third world countries so I can't see that being true. Nice try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Well the highest murder rates are in third world countries so I can't see that being true. Nice try

Your posts are just painful at this stage as I said before just hyperbole. Are you going to join Gemma down in Carrick?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1146152964291276801

john4321 wrote: »
    Your posts are just painful at this stage as I said before just hyperbole. Are you going to join Gemma down in Carrick?

I see can see why sometimes the truth hurts

Well if racist means speaking the truth then I will proudly declare myself a racist

Your portrayal of people from the developing world as incompatible with Irish society. It's like a cleaned up version of portraying people as savages, a racist/xenophobic trope that has been there for millenia. Was even used by the Romans in reference to the Irish and was entirely inaccurate. Secondly a large proportion of Muslims and black people are from the developed world.

So yep, you're making your bigotry and ignorance more and more apparent..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Who are we?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I see can see why sometimes the truth hurts

What truth though? You just throw out statements without any facts backing anything you say up and when asked to provide facts you go quiet.

I'm sure if there were predominantly black places in Africa the locals would be worried if there was to be a large influx of white people.

20739822332_b574eac40f_b.jpg

Nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

john4321 wrote: »
    What truth though? You just throw out statements without any facts backing anything you say up and when asked to provide facts you go quiet.
    He only goes quiet when he's researching chemtrails in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

While you believe the above is a fact, is it verifiable in anyway? By verifiable I mean backed up with some actual peer reviewed studies not daily mail articles, Tweets, Reddit drivel or YouTube videos.

batgoat wrote: »
    Your portrayal of people from the developing world as incompatible with Irish society. It's like a cleaned up version of portraying people as savages, a racist/xenophobic trope that has been there for millenia. Was even used by the Romans in reference to the Irish and was entirely inaccurate. Secondly a large proportion of Muslims and black people are from the developed world.

Most people in third world countries are good people as I believe most people are good all over the world. But unfortunately in the third world a savage mentality has enslaved a large amount of people if you look at tyrant leaders, corruption, terrorism, religious extremism, slavery and groups like ISIS and Boko Haram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I always read your posts with this chaps voice :D

People from the third world are culturally incompatible with the first world countries as they will engage in a third world mentality.

You've a very short view of history Stephen15.

1840's Ireland.....Was turned into a 3rd world country by the same standards that you are measuring the Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia.
    Famine, mass emigration, people dying on the side of the road, mass gravesites, breakdown in law and order....

150 years later we are to consider ourselves as some sort of 1st world prodigy ?

Something to consider is how our Diaspora went from a backwards starving 3rd world country to build and grow the current 1st world countries that are the US, UK, Australia and Canada.

Your version of cultural incompatibility is just xenophobia wearing a cool hat. Most of these people are chasing the same things that we take for granted.
    A safe place to live and raise children and opportunities to have a happy life.

How they do that may be different, but you are assuming it is incompatible because you are afraid of a mosque or a temple or a synagogue. You don't understand their language, you don't know how they dress etc. etc.

You have forgotten one thing about being Irish, and one of the greatest things about Ireland. Everyone that has come here, regardless of intention or motivation has ended up becoming more Irish than the Irish themselves.
    Since.The.Vikings. That isn't going to change anytime soon.

They'll be kicking a bit of football or playing hurling and the next generation might even be throwing a Cupla Focal at you. To say it's incompatible is just you saying YOU don't like it.

In this instance dislike=fear=ignorance.

They are people. They have feelings, they have desires, they have designs for life. By all means keep up controls and administration and screening so we know we aren't inadvertently letting in a bunch of extremists that we will have to sort out after the fact.

In the meantime, treat those who are here with respect and courtesy, learn about their ways, teach them ours and before you know it you'll have a better stronger society.

Your mentality is bound to generate failure, as if in order to prove yourself right.

Keep Hating on them so you can say I told you so...:(

You're like a spoiled child.

You've a very short view of history Stephen15.

1840's Ireland.....Was turned into a 3rd world country by the same standards that you are measuring the Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia.
    Famine, mass emigration, people dying on the side of the road, mass gravesites, breakdown in law and order....

150 years later we are to consider ourselves as some sort of 1st world prodigy ?

Firstly there wasn't a famine it was a mass genocide. I find it ironic that you refer to a time when Ireland was under the control of forgeiners because if we are not careful and we get too complacent that's what will happen yet again. In fact the British invasion of Ireland shows the dangers shows the dangers of what can happen when forgein powers are invited into a country.
    Something to consider is how our Diaspora went from a backwards starving 3rd world country to build and grow the current 1st world countries that are the US, UK, Australia and Canada.

Don't see African or Islamic migrants building any current first world countries.
    Your version of cultural incompatibility is just xenophobia wearing a cool hat. Most of these people are chasing the same things that we take for granted.
    A safe place to live and raise children and opportunities to have a happy life.

That is true. I have stated numerous times that my problem isn't with individual migrants it is with governments for allowing large numbers of migrants into a country without a plan or any sort of control over the migrants. I hardly blame them for taking an oppurtunity. Also most people don't want to have to migrate so we should be looking at ways for them in their countries without needing to leave
    How they do that may be different, but you are assuming it is incompatible because you are afraid of a mosque or a temple or a synagogue. You don't understand their language, you don't know how they dress etc. etc.

It is incompatible as many parts of other cultures are backward and wrong compared to today's societies. I believe women should be treated equally for example but in many third world countries women are not treated equally. I also don't like the way homosexuals are treated in Islamic countries or stuff like FGM.
    They'll be kicking a bit of football or playing hurling and the next generation might even be throwing a Cupla Focal at you. To say it's incompatible is just you saying YOU don't like it.

In this instance dislike=fear=ignorance.

That's if they don't get involved in crime or extremism like in other countries such as the UK and France.
    They are people. They have feelings, they have desires, they have designs for life. By all means keep up controls and administration and screening so we know we aren't inadvertently letting in a bunch of extremists that we will have to sort out after the fact.

I never said they weren't people. I support immigration as long as it's legal and controlled like in Australia with their points system and a zero tolerance for illegal immigration
    In the meantime, treat those who are here with respect and courtesy, learn about their ways, teach them ours and before you know it you'll have a better stronger society.

That's what I do and will continue to do

what can happen when forgein powers are invited into a country.

Syria ?
    Afghanistan ?
    Iraq ?
    Libya ?

There is a pattern here. It is post colonialism and Neo-Conservative Oil wars.
    By invitation, infestation, invasion or interference, most of the countries you refer to as 3rd world countries have been manipulated by 1st World Powers to suit an agenda contrary to the well-being and prosperity of the native population. Considering the benefit you have gained with your 1st world education and lifestyle, at some point is empathy for those that are paying the price. But I won't try and foster white guilt. just empathy.
    Don't see African or Islamic migrants building any current first world countries.

How hard have you looked ? I know plenty.
    Also most people don't want to have to migrate so we should be looking at ways for them in their countries without needing to leave

I can assure you (with exactly the same amount of evidence contained in your assertion) anyone claiming asylum or refugee status had a need and a desire to leave.
    Any details on how we would meddle in the domestic affairs of a sovereign nation to ensure the safety of minority populations ?
    Or is that going to get the Farage vague cloud of farts treatment when it is confronted by the reality of international law ?
    It is incompatible as many parts of other cultures are backward and wrong compared to today's societies. I believe women should be treated equally for example but in many third world countries women are not treated equally. I also don't like the way homosexuals are treated in Islamic countries or stuff like FGM.

Equality is legislated here, FGM is illegal here, homosexuality is permitted and homosexual rights are broadly respected and celebrated her, but what has over here and our culture got to do with it right ?
    If they come over here, they live by our laws and they accept or at least respect our culture. Simples.
    Have you got some statistics to show that immigrants don't do so ? Or is it just the usual few bad egg squeaky wheel daily mail stories that you'll throw out as evidence ?
    If so, you need to realise that those outlets through those few stories are manipulating you. Using your emotions to control your thoughts. Ponder on that a while.

That's if they don't get involved in crime or extremism like in other countries such as the UK and France.

Jesus wept, are you suggesting that the majority immigrant populations in the UK and France are involved in extremism, or that they have a monopoly on crime ?

I never said they weren't people. I support immigration as long as it's legal and controlled like in Australia with their points system and a zero tolerance for illegal immigration

Yeah, Christmas Island, Manus Island, Swap Deals with Trump, towing boats back across the Torres Straits and dumping refugees in NZ are all shining examples of upholding the UN convention on human rights.

The vast majority of illegal immigrants to Australia arrive on planes, their migration system is far from perfect and their version of zero tolerance can take decades to enforce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

There seems to be a conflation within this thread between race and culture.
    It doesn't look like anyone is alleging that any race is superior or inferior to another.

One must agree that some cultures are superior to others. Surely western culture is superior to headhunting culture?
    Obviously sometimes this culture/race things overlaps like lets take for example Jews.
    Nobel Prizes have been awarded to over 900 individuals, of whom at least 20% were Jews, although the Jewish population comprises less than 0.2% of the world's population.
    I doubt anyone would argue this has anything to do with race, but it is because of the cultural importance Jewish people put on education.

We have to be able to criticize Islam(and Christianity) equally as a set of ideas, without always a racial element imposed on the discussion.

stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist

Have you ever been called something so many times in bad faith that it loses meaning?

I've been posting for about a month now actively, and all I see here are underhanded insinuations constantly. Its pointless trying to defend yourself, they just see this as an admission of guilt.
    Just go and try for yourself, try posting something raising awareness of false accusations. You'll get called every name(rape apologist/misogynist/etc..) under the sun and defending yourself only makes you look more guilty.

I have met real racists, and experiencedvery real racism in this country. Can anyone else say the same?

From the sounds of this guy Stephen, he is not one.
    I know I'm not

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

Okay, I just read through about three days worth of partisan point scoring, strawman arguments, and general tit-for-tat. It's getting tedious. The purpose of this forum is to discuss different points of view, but with that comes the expectation that you can back up your words somehow. If you can't, then this thread isn't the place for you.

Please consider that before posting, as we're getting to the stage of actioning posts, to get back on track.

• Advertisement

How is this post allowed to stand?
    Hardly a surprise Stephen, as like her, you're a racist.

Mod: Please stop reporting this post. Stephen15 has admitted he is a racist.

He never admitted to being racist.

Is this a discussion board or a turd flinging contest condoned by the moderators?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement