Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Film Fleadh flyers

Options
  • 02-07-2019 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭

A friend received a one page flyer in the post for a film screening as part of the Fleadh. Stamp cost €1. One house. Did anyone else receive similar flyers?

I am sure their Board have done the maths or maybe they have some deal with An Post, but it strikes me as an expensive way to garner publicity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Flyer in the post is probably an opening night invitation with an RSVP date on it... Does your friend know someone working for the fleadh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

smurf492 wrote:
    Flyer in the post is probably an opening night invitation with an RSVP date on it... Does your friend know someone working for the fleadh?

No. They don't know anyone working there at all And not an invitation. It was a flyer for a film but can't remember the name. A typical flyer you'd pick up at a train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

bobbyss wrote: »
    No. They don't know anyone working there at all And not an invitation. It was a flyer for a film but can't remember the name. A typical flyer you'd pick up at a train station.

maybe it was meant for a previous tenant, or a neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

bobbyss wrote: »

Not the film Finky by any chance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Not the film Finky by any chance.

No. I was looking at the brochure when I visited that house and the owners themselves were commenting on what a waste of money to be sending a One page brochure in an envelope with one euro stamp on it.

But I do recall the name of the film had four words in it because I wanted to remember its title but I knew I would forget as soon as I left so instead I remembered the title had four words.

• Advertisement
Advertisement