Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in av reciever?

Options
  • 27-04-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

I have a 5 year old pioneer av reciever, and looking to upgrade the TV to OLED.

Old reciever is not 4k, so I'm in a quandry with what to do with it.

Are there any places that offer a trade in?

Or is there a market for 2nd hand recievers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

colm_c wrote: »

Old reciever is not 4k, so I'm in a quandry with what to do with it.

Are there any places that offer a trade in?

Or is there a market for 2nd hand recievers?

There is a market for them, especially if it has hdmi

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Just for the record, selling stuff (with very limited exception) on Boards is not allowed, I’m not aware of anywhere taking trade-ins but if you advertise second hand AV stuff online on the likes of adverts.ie or done deal.ie or your choice of marketpace, you can post a link in the General section of the Home Entertainment forums here.

adverts.ie have lots of AV receivers for sale which would give you an idea of second hand values etc.

Ritz.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

colm_c wrote:

Is it the VX2020

That's what I have.

The only 4K source i have at the moment is Netflix that's built into the TV,

So I get the 4K picture on my new OLED tv,

Ok the PS4 is still going through the amp, but I've no 4K on it anyway but for me anyway I don't have a burning need to change the amp. I will eventually but it's not pressing, I've the amp under the TV so I can still sneak a a hdmi intense TV with the sound returning to the amp over ARC, my TV controls my amp anyway now.

Advertisement