Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Desperate Des: Steve
    Holly the Wally: Des :-(
    Angus Steak:
    Isla Fishface:
    Conor Conman:
    Ola Orla: Isla
    Pill popping Phil: Eva
    Gertie Bertie:
    Eva I’ll BoreYa: Conor
    Please Leave Steve: Conor

While Conor is relaxing I think you need to show down a bit. I'm not sure I like Eva as committed next to my name after our chats last night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Hey Steve. Morning. Well whenever you get this.
    I read your posts last night and I know you said you got a thing about the role reveal.

This turned out to be true.
    Do you know who gave it to you?
    @gertie have you claimed this yet?

He claimed he had it all along when I asked but honestly, even if Gertie did give it as a gift we should wait on the answer to that one. I'm assuming she'll let us know @ 9:59.

If it wasn't a gift, then it could be a ballsy SK play to get Gabs lynched. If he's right, excellent, he's helped the village nab a wolf. If he's wrong he would be suspicious as hell but could argue that it was a gift from Eddie to try to prevent his own lynching.

Isla WW wrote: »
    What would you like to do?

Blind vote? FFA? Augmented FFA? Other?

Quick question Isla. Whatcha mean by augmented FFA? I'm not familiar with it.

Conor WW wrote: »
    He claimed he had it all along when I asked but honestly, even if Gertie did give it as a gift we should wait on the answer to that one. I'm assuming she'll let us know @ 9:59.

If it wasn't a gift, then it could be a ballsy SK play to get Gabs lynched. If he's right, excellent, he's helped the village nab a wolf. If he's wrong he would be suspicious as hell but could argue that it was a gift from Eddie to try to prevent his own lynching.

Or a mod secret SK gift. I just think I'd like to know a little bit more here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    |Lynch Results Day 1|
    |Tegan WW | Gabriel, Henry, Abigail, Nigel, Isla, Katie|
    |Gabriel WW | Eva, Tegan, Steve, Angus, Holly|
    |Holly WW | Jake, Fiona|
    |Nigel WW | Derry, Phil|
    |Katie WW | Desmond, Orla|
    |Fiona WW | Brendan, Vernon|
    |Abigail WW | Conor|
    |Steve WW | Ewan|
    |Eva WW | Gertrude |
    |Did not vote | Liam |

|Lynch Results Day 2 |
    |Jake WW | Angus, Eva, Conor, Gabriel, Steve, Isla, Holly, Ewan, Gertrude, Brendan, Derry, Orla |
    |Abigail WW | Phil, Jake |
    |Isla WW | Desmond |
    |Did not vote | Abigail & Liam |

|Lynch results |
    |Ewan WW | Isla, Holly, Orla, Gertrude, Angus, Steve, Conor, Eva, Phil |
    |Desmond WW | Ewan |
    |Holly WW | Desmond |
    |Did not vote | Abigail |

I think the problem with finding the SK is that there may not actually be a voting pattern they're following. I would assume they'd want to be as random as possible to throw people off? Or would they want to look as villagery as possible to hide in the crowd?

So looking at these tables my most likely for scenario a) wanting to be random would be Des. He hasn't voted with the pack for any of the lynches.
    My most likely candidate for scenario b) wanting to hide in the pack would be Isla, Angus, Holly or Eva. I'd probably think Isla or Eva out of those 4.

• Advertisement

Or a mod secret SK gift. I just think I'd like to know a little bit more here.

Definitely needs investigation. I'm just saying maybe wait until after 10 :D

Hey Steve. Morning. Well whenever you get this.
    I read your posts last night and I know you said you got a thing about the role reveal.

This turned out to be true.
    Do you know who gave it to you?
    @gertie have you claimed this yet?

I'm not sure what you mean. My role wasn't a gift. No one gave it to me. I've been the inquisitor since the start of the game. But my role was a one off thing so I had to hold onto it as long as possible. Which post of mine are you referring to and I'll try to clear up what I said?

Definitely needs investigation. I'm just saying maybe wait until after 10 :D

I was just thinking I'm lining myself as lead investigator to be taken out by the SK

Well. I expected that but I'm glad we know where we stand. Gertie, don't forget to leave any last words of wisdom/fun prizes around at 9:59 in the morning.

I was just looking back to see who claimed who and came across this from Conor. Is this a SK gloating? It definitely sounds that way to me.

Steve WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean. My role wasn't a gift. No one gave it to me. I've been the inquisitor since the start of the game. But my role was a one off thing so I had to hold onto it as long as possible. Which post of mine are you referring to and I'll try to clear up what I said?

Questions, just chatting. Ah yes I recall now, I remember clearing you last night but wanted to check in.

What do you make of Conors thoughts about it being a ballsy move?

• Advertisement

I was just looking back to see who claimed who and came across this from Conor. Is this a SK gloating? It definitely sounds that way to me.

No, it's common sense. Gertie is the only cleared village we have. SK not taking them would be very strange play indeed.

Questions, just chatting. Ah yes I recall now, I remember clearing you last night but wanted to check in.

What do you make of Conors thoughts about it being a ballsy move?

So if I'm reading right what Conor is saying here is that if I were SK I made up a role to get Gabriel lynched? I guess I could've guessed that he was evil and just took a big gamble on it but if I were the SK it would be a massive gamble. An all or nothing play. And it was only Wednesday morning at that point with plenty of game left. If I was wrong about it I would've been lynched straight off. There was a bit of heat on me but nothing that would have me terrified as a SK. I would've held off another day or two and made the play then to sail into lylo.
    So then maybe the SK does have a secret power to find wolves and used it that way but even then taking out the wolf team so early in the game is just nuts. It makes it so much harder for the SK to win because the kill rate is halved. I can't see that happening. I'm flummoxed really.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

No, it's common sense. Gertie is the only cleared village we have. SK not taking them would be very strange play indeed.

But if she's telling the truth, she's out of gifts and is effectively an NRV.
    Chandler is effectively an NRV.

The SK would be better guessing anyone else to aim for who received gifts...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Thanks for doing the work.

By my theory. Desmond is not likely to be SK.

Looking at the 3 votes, Isla is flashing red.
    You said Isla was in favour of keeping Ewan, well willing to wait but yet he's the first vote placed on him. More red flashing for me.

I'm also cool on Des being the SK.

I was on Ewan first for the whole Mindy thing, from some time in the afternoon. I never changed my vote off him. Was going to but then saw Conor's work and thought it was better to be safe.

Orla WW wrote: »
    But if she's telling the truth, she's out of gifts and is effectively an NRV.
    Chandler is effectively an NRV.

The SK would be better guessing anyone else to aim for who received gifts...

But I'm really the only other person left who's even semi cleared. Gertie is basically 100% cleared. I think the SK would be trying to reduce the pool of knowns so would be going for me and Gertie.

So if I'm reading right what Conor is saying here is that if I were SK I made up a role to get Gabriel lynched? I guess I could've guessed that he was evil and just took a big gamble on it but if I were the SK it would be a massive gamble. An all or nothing play. And it was only Wednesday morning at that point with plenty of game left. If I was wrong about it I would've been lynched straight off. There was a bit of heat on me but nothing that would have me terrified as a SK. I would've held off another day or two and made the play then to sail into lylo.
    So then maybe the SK does have a secret power to find wolves and used it that way but even then taking out the wolf team so early in the game is just nuts. It makes it so much harder for the SK to win because the kill rate is halved. I can't see that happening. I'm flummoxed really.

FWIW I agree with you, I think it was too early for that play. I also think it's something an SK would've kept in his pocket if he was under threat.

BUT

SK had no way of knowing whether there were 1 or 2 wolves left. They may have assumed that Mindy was converted and that there would be another left to thin the village numbers. Doing it early gives the SK time to really embed themselves as a villager - "Don't look at me, I caught us a wolf".

So I'd say its 60/40...maybe 70/30.

Thanks
    Have you SK hunted before? What are you on the lookout for?

But I'm really the only other person left who's even semi cleared. Gertie is basically 100% cleared. I think the SK would be trying to reduce the pool of knowns so would be going for me and Gertie.

depends what Rachael's gift was... and i'm assuming eddie had a parting gift too

the final gifts have been awfully quiet (don't come out now whatever ye do!)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Look I'm very very certain on Conor but thought I'd post my list anyways.

Don't get hung up on you being 2nd on my list look at what I posted and see what you think

Can you link your post on Conor pls?

I think the problem with finding the SK is that there may not actually be a voting pattern they're following. I would assume they'd want to be as random as possible to throw people off? Or would they want to look as villagery as possible to hide in the crowd?

So looking at these tables my most likely for scenario a) wanting to be random would be Des. He hasn't voted with the pack for any of the lynches.
    My most likely candidate for scenario b) wanting to hide in the pack would be Isla, Angus, Holly or Eva. I'd probably think Isla or Eva out of those 4.

I like this Steve. I would imagine an SK would want to seem as village as possible, so I agree with:
    Isla
    Angus
    Holly
    Eva
    as a starting point.
    I'm leaving you out for now. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm leaning village for giving us Gabs... don't make me regret it!

• Advertisement

depends what Rachael's gift was... and i'm assuming eddie had a parting gift too

the final gifts have been awfully quiet (don't come out now whatever ye do!)

I'm not 100% sure that Eddie actually had gifts. It doesn't explicitly say so in the OP whereas it does for Rachel. I know the walkie/talkie, but it causing chaos could be as simple as the ability to send players messages.

I also agree with you. Nobody should be revealing anything pre-munch.

I like this Steve. I would imagine an SK would want to seem as village as possible, so I agree with:
    Isla
    Angus
    Holly
    Eva
    as a starting point.
    I'm leaving you out for now. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm leaning village for giving us Gabs... don't make me regret it!

Morning. Why Angis?

Holly WW wrote: »
    Can you link your post on Conor pls?

I think this is it.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I 99% wont be up before lynch but if the village get thier act together early we should fire at least one bullet before munch as to not risk losing it at munch time.

Given the narrowing of suspects and the higher % chance of losing vig to a munch (given our numbers) it makes sense

Wolf for me is Gabriel

Heavy lean on Isla

I cant look anymore tonight but I'm leaning on Conor being the SK just a feel really so far

I dont like this post

He did an FFA early, then wanted to switch Isla out.

He never declared on thread his original lynch vote (that I can see) but was very eager to say he got on Jake, to look like an honest to god villager.

I mean he could be a wolf or just trying to stay super neutral on all sides to avoid lynch or munch cant quite work it out tonight.

The post she didn't like was me saying I switched to Jake after his reveal.

Hardly a rock solid case. I voted for a wolf so I must be the SK. :rolleyes:

Thanks
    Have you SK hunted before? What are you on the lookout for?

Yeah I've played games with SK's before but I'm usually dead before it gets to this stage so I've no real history for successfully catching one! There's been SK's before that have been completely off the wall. There's been others that have insinuated themselves into the village really well. But I think there's only ever been one (maybe 2) SK win in the entire time we've been playing.

Tbh I'm shocked I've lasted this long at all. I was terrified I'd be munched before I got to use my power. I'm still expecting to be munched at any moment. I'm terrible at this game.

Can we try to get ffas and votes declared early again folks?

Full reads would be great too.

A good plan of action could be for each of us to post a reads list and we go thorough it as a team one by one

What you think?

If my boss is here for the day I'll be on as much as I can but realistically I have to pretend to do some actual work. At the moment he's at a meeting so I'm grand. If I drop off I'm either dead or he's back at his desk.

If my boss is here for the day I'll be on as much as I can but realistically I have to pretend to do some actual work. At the moment he's at a meeting so I'm grand. If I drop off I'm either dead or he's back at his desk.

I'm in a similar boat tbh. Have a lot of catch up to do, so I may not be as active today. However my addiction may have something to say about that...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

My view on this is that I'd be surprised if it was Desmond or Phil, I don't think the SK would draw attention to themselves like that by clearly voting off the main wagon the last two lynches.

Orla - last person to switch to Jake. Seems unlikely to be SK. I reckon an SK would have jumped on the reveal to blend in early.

Eva - seems unlikely given the chaos at the first lynch - would an SK draw attention to themselves like this. I'd buy it if they were a remaining wolf and the chaos was to deflect from Gabriel but that doesn't fit as the SK

That leaves

Angus

Steve

Conor

Holly

|Lynch Results Day 1|
    |Tegan WW | Gabriel, Henry, Abigail, Nigel, Isla, Katie|
    |Gabriel WW | Eva, Tegan, Steve, Angus, Holly|
    |Holly WW | Jake, Fiona|
    |Nigel WW | Derry, Phil|
    |Katie WW | Desmond, Orla|
    |Fiona WW | Brendan, Vernon|
    |Abigail WW | Conor|
    |Steve WW | Ewan|
    |Eva WW | Gertrude |
    |Did not vote | Liam |

|Lynch Results Day 2 |
    |Jake WW | Angus, Eva, Conor, Gabriel, Steve, Isla, Holly, Ewan, Gertrude, Brendan, Derry, Orla |
    |Abigail WW | Phil, Jake |
    |Isla WW | Desmond |
    |Did not vote | Abigail & Liam |

|Lynch results |
    |Ewan WW | Isla, Holly, Orla, Gertrude, Angus, Steve, Conor, Eva, Phil |
    |Desmond WW | Ewan |
    |Holly WW | Desmond |
    |Did not vote | Abigail |

Holly WW wrote: »
    Can we try to get ffas and votes declared early again folks?

Full reads would be great too.

A good plan of action could be for each of us to post a reads list and we go thorough it as a team one by one

What you think?

Morning. Seems practical.
    A few people have posted already and Des has his list.

What's your ordered top 3?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning. Why Angis?

Morning all :)

Me because I’m in the people who voted on three wagons. I outted myself so to speak by posting the lynch results and that, I think everyone should be looked into today.

Aside from Steve’s role not being in the OP, is there any flaws in Gertrude being 100% cleared? Not throwing shade or anything, I just don’t want it to be a case where we clear someone and they end up winning because we’re too blinded to look at them. I think the whole thing is he came out as Monica and is uncontested yes? I’m sure if there was a “real” Monica they would have come out by now. So I’m safe in thinking he’s legit. Any possible plot holes there?

Advertisement