Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Aircraft Landings/Crashes WW2

Options
  • 24-06-2019 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I recently was remembering my childhood and our neighbours at the time. One of our neighbours was a horrible man. I decided to do a bit of research and I believe I found him on this website. I'm not going any further with my research but in case this site is of benefit to others I'm posting it here.

http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/index.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Good find Jelly, thanks for sharing, I got additional source info on a downing on my list. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Glad it was of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭kildarejohn

Could the link be posted to the History forum also as it may be of interest to the non-genealogists

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The gallery feature is impressive, and alphabetical (especially given there is no search function).
    I found pics and a family name with potential connections, to research.
    Thanks Jellybaby1, the stories are quite interesting to read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Could the link be posted to the History forum also as it may be of interest to the non-genealogists

I'll pop it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

There's an interesting display in Donovan's hotel in Clonakilty about the crew that crashed there. The crew's stay in the local area was documented and the photos can be seen at the hotel. I believe they had a monkey with them on board that subsequently died shortly after the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

I believe they had a monkey with them on board that subsequently died shortly after the crash.

Was the monkey flying the plane?

Advertisement