Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Going back over everything doing my reads and just wanted to ask people, how confident is everyone that the gift Katie got today is from the wolves rather than Rachel?

I'd be like 80% sure it's a bad one (No Derry that isn't based off any actual maths lol :D )

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Going back over everything doing my reads and just wanted to ask people, how confident is everyone that the gift Katie got today is from the wolves rather than Rachel?

Well it depends on if anybody else comes out with the claim no?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

If the reveal wasn't made up you would think Rachel would give something nice not a forced role reveal so it makes more sense for it to be from the wolves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    If the reveal wasn't made up you would think Rachel would give something nice not a forced role reveal so it makes more sense for it to be from the wolves.

Maybe rachel gave the gift of a forced role reveal to someone esle who used it on katie?

just spittballin...

as in the reveal itself wasn't a gift, but using the reveal on someone was a gift....

• Advertisement

The only thing that makes me stop and think is that would the wolves really bother using it on me? I'm already under a good bit of scrutiny tbf.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Maybe rachel gave the gift of a forced role reveal to someone esle who used it on katie?

just spittballin...

I'n that case all it would mean is someone else who isn't saying they got a gift didn't trust Katie and wanted the reveal and we would have no way of proving that.

Jake WW wrote: »
    I'n that case all it would mean is someone else who isn't saying they got a gift didn't trust Katie and wanted the reveal and we would have no way of proving that.

yep

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

The reveal your role one? Why would baddies give that to Katie? Wouldn’t they be looking for chandler or Rachel?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    The reveal your role one? Why would baddies give that to Katie? Wouldn’t they be looking for chandler or Rachel?

Yeah, that's my thoughts too. It does make sense that a goodie might want me to out on thread as well, as I said just before ya

Katie WW wrote: »
    The only thing that makes me stop and think is that would the wolves really bother using it on me? I'm already under a good bit of scrutiny tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

We had a specific clarification by the mods:

The first scheduled action is the munch at 10am.

Peek is a scheduled action, so no n0 peek I'm led to believe as per that

Why do you say peek is a scheduled action.

You are not Phoebe.

"She can chose one player each night phase to read."

And if you asked, you'd get either a shrug or be blown off that it's priveledged info.

You assumed win conditions. You said wolf munch, even though you meant evil kill, even though the augment you based on it falls apart if it wasn't a wolf kill.

If phoebe wasn't dead, i'd say you are TMI'ing as phoebe, but this is impossible, so stop just assuming stuff.

If you actually got it verified by the mods, say so, but as it stands, i think you are wrong.

There may be no n0 peek, or there may be, but peek is usually received anytime after the lynch.

typically, you ask for your peek anytime during the night phase, and get answered as soon as your request is seen.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Brendan WW wrote: »

Well, they might have thought they found one of them. Or could be SK hunting too.

Derry WW wrote: »

You are not Phoebe.

And if you asked, you'd get either a shrug or be blown off that it's priveledged info.

You assumed win conditions. You said wolf munch, even though you meant evil kill, even though the augment you based on it falls apart if it wasn't a wolf kill.

If phoebe wasn't dead, i'd say you are TMI'ing as phoebe, but this is impossible, so stop just assuming stuff.

If you actually got it verified by the mods, say so, but as it stands, i think you are wrong.

There may be no n0 peek, or there may be, but peek is usually received anytime after the lynch.

typically, you ask for your peek anytime during the night phase, and get answered as soon as your request is seen.

Because a peek is a scheduled action. For a night phase.

And the mods said the first scheduled action was at 10am Monday.

C'mon, it's not that difficult

I just had a harrowing thought.

There are currently 4 wolves, 1 Mindy and a SK.

There’s about six people just not engaging or getting involved. Imagine all those baddies were all active and posting too.

I don’t like them odds 😬

I also wish people would stop obsessing over TMI, it really doesn't happen very often so I find it's a false narrative to push tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I hadn’t even thought of this. I’ve never played with this sort of conversion, would Mindy play as a villager or a wolf hoping to join the pack? So not only are we looking for four wolves and a SK but also for Mindy :eek:
    Isla WW wrote: »
    We're looking for three wolves, an SK and maybe Mindy.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I just had a harrowing thought.

There are currently 4 wolves, 1 Mindy and a SK.

There’s about six people just not engaging or getting involved. Imagine all those baddies were all active and posting too.

I don’t like them odds ��

Angus I've said this to you before.

Derry WW wrote: »

You are not Phoebe.

So what exactly am I Derry?

A wolf with TMI?
    Phoebe with TMI? (not possible)

Or just someone who knows a lot about game mechanics and you're trying to push this narrative that I'm TMIing.

Bah, I'm gonna go nap for an hour. I've been here all day basically

I'm sorry that this isn't as useful or as detailed as I wish it would have been, but my head is melted after yesterday. Used all my energy on defence and didn't get around to keeping track of my thoughts. Honestly, I'm pretty drained now and probably not going to have the stones to play as much as I have for the past few days.

Take it as you will, I'm voting Gerty.

#ffa2
    Gerty
    Derry
    Isla

Liam - Going to be Modkilled

Village

Name | Status | Notes | Reads
    Brendan | Alive | Monica - Gave Bobby gun |
    Holly | Alive |Me| I am good

Villagey

Angus| Alive | | doing decent village work, has had similar thoughts to me for the majority of the game.
    Jake | Alive | Received a Gift Message | again has been saying things I agree with
    Conor | Alive | | Similar to above. However I feel worried he could be pulling a 'Jake' from Hunger Games, so he needs to be closely monitored.
    Eva | Alive | People Suspect Mind Control| She's mental, but I don't think she's a wolf - I could vote for her just to get rid of her.

Null

Desmond| Alive || Bleh
    Ewan |Alive | | Meh
    Steve | Alive | | wheh?
    Katie | Alive | Received a Gift Boobytrap & Forced Role Reveal as Paulo? | I liked Katie from the get go, helpful and active, but some things have jumped out at me. The huge jump in post count, the way she's defended herself among other things. Wolfy atm. Paulo claim made me feel like your less wolfy, but i've no way of verifying if it's real, just like your initial gift claim.

Wolfy

Phil| Alive | Received a Gift Message Be Safe Phil, I hope everything is ok | I can't remember why I didn't like Phill earlier. It's stuck somewhat, but less so. For now.
    Abigail| Alive | Claimed Dead Duck | Batsh!t - has contirbuted nothing other than claiming a dead role
    Gabriel | Alive | Claimed Chick - No counter | Have had bad vibes from Gabs from early on. That hasn't changed. In fact her vibes were so heavy that I jumped from Tegan last minute due to one of her posts.
    Orla| Alive | | Coasting by early on, has started contributing with Isos. Would like to see a full reads list from you Orla.

Wolf

Derry| Alive | | Derry has been on my sh!tlist from early on. Posts feel wolfy to me and the way he interacts doesn't come across as villagey.

Gertrude | Alive | | Gertie was in my nulls list as I'm typing, but I'm keeping an eye on the thread and she just Genied. Definite wolf move IMO

Isla | Alive | Knows Wagonomics | Day 0 very active, lots of fluff. Helpful, defensive, spends most of her time working on things in the background and not giving any real personal reads. (as I type this she's on my nulls list, but I'm moving her to wolfy) (as I read back over, I decided she was more wolfy than wolfy, so here you go)

I also wish people would stop obsessing over TMI, it really doesn't happen very often so I find it's a false narrative to push tbh

No, its not a false narrative.

Its a key point in informed minority style games.

An informed minority have more information than an uninformed majority.

A key wolf hunting tool is seeking out those who have too much information and when one of the informed minority slips up and spills information they are not supposed to have, spotting it and pointing it out.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Holly how the hell you still have me as null after (checks post count)

318 posts is absolutely beyond me

Jaysus Holly how the hell you still have me as null after (checks post count)

318 posts is absolutely beyond me

I explained above. I thought you were good. Then I thought you were bad. Then you claimed paulo, which dropped my bad thoughts somewhat, not enough to put you village, so you're middle of the pack with both villagy and wolfy traits...

Pretty straightforward tbf

I'm sorry that this isn't as useful or as detailed as I wish it would have been, but my head is melted after yesterday. Used all my energy on defence and didn't get around to keeping track of my thoughts. Honestly, I'm pretty drained now and probably not going to have the stones to play as much as I have for the past few days.

Take it as you will, I'm voting Gerty.

#ffa2
    Gerty
    Derry
    Isla

Liam - Going to be Modkilled

Village

Brendan | Alive | Monica - Gave Bobby gun |
    Holly | Alive |Me| I am good

Villagey

Angus| Alive | | doing decent village work, has had similar thoughts to me for the majority of the game.
    Jake | Alive | Received a Gift Message | again has been saying things I agree with
    Conor | Alive | | Similar to above. However I feel worried he could be pulling a 'Jake' from Hunger Games, so he needs to be closely monitored.
    Eva | Alive | People Suspect Mind Control| She's mental, but I don't think she's a wolf - I could vote for her just to get rid of her.

Null

Desmond| Alive || Bleh
    Ewan |Alive | | Meh
    Steve | Alive | | wheh?
    Katie | Alive | Received a Gift Boobytrap & Forced Role Reveal as Paulo? | I liked Katie from the get go, helpful and active, but some things have jumped out at me. The huge jump in post count, the way she's defended herself among other things. Wolfy atm. Paulo claim made me feel like your less wolfy, but i've no way of verifying if it's real, just like your initial gift claim.

Wolfy

Phil| Alive | Received a Gift Message Be Safe Phil, I hope everything is ok | I can't remember why I didn't like Phill earlier. It's stuck somewhat, but less so. For now.
    Abigail| Alive | Claimed Dead Duck | Batsh!t - has contirbuted nothing other than claiming a dead role
    Gabriel | Alive | Claimed Chick - No counter | Have had bad vibes from Gabs from early on. That hasn't changed. In fact her vibes were so heavy that I jumped from Tegan last minute due to one of her posts.
    Orla| Alive | | Coasting by early on, has started contributing with Isos. Would like to see a full reads list from you Orla.

Wolf

Derry| Alive | | Derry has been on my sh!tlist from early on. Posts feel wolfy to me and the way he interacts doesn't come across as villagey.

Gertrude | Alive | | Gertie was in my nulls list as I'm typing, but I'm keeping an eye on the thread and she just Genied. Definite wolf move IMO

Isla | Alive | Knows Wagonomics | Day 0 very active, lots of fluff. Helpful, defensive, spends most of her time working on things in the background and not giving any real personal reads. (as I type this she's on my nulls list, but I'm moving her to wolfy) (as I read back over, I decided she was more wolfy than wolfy, so here you go)

I kinda feel a lot of your reads are very forced Holly.

'I had Isla as null'

'I had Gertie as null'

'Katie is wolfy but null for now'

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

OK, I'm sketchy still on a quite few bits (how do you all find time to write so many posts). One question on the Katie role reveal, is there anyway to verify it was a gift?

I'm thinking 1 of 3 possibilities:

1. Its legit
    2. Its a convenient claim for a wolf to make to get lots of discussion but ultimately look more village
    3. if could also be Mindy trying to signal to the wolves since it doesn't look like what I'd expect of a Rachel 'gift', i.e. not something that seems good for the village

I'm sorry that this isn't as useful or as detailed as I wish it would have been, but

then proceeds to probably give the most detailed FFA i've ever seen :pac:

I kinda feel a lot of your reads are very forced Holly.

'I had Isla as null'

'I had Gertie as null'

'Katie is wolfy but null for now'

They are forced. I had a lot of people in null as I honestly couldn't figure out where to put them. Then I made myself make a decision on them.

I explained above. I thought you were good. Then I thought you were bad. Then you claimed paulo, which dropped my bad thoughts somewhat, not enough to put you village, so you're middle of the pack with both villagy and wolfy traits...

Pretty straightforward tbf

So you do have a read, it's called light wolf.

That's not null.

putting a vote in now for abigail

Isla WW wrote: »
    Angus I've said this to you before.

No I didn’t mean it in a oh my god this is brand new information kind of way. Just that it dawned on me just now how crappy that is

• Advertisement

Honestly, at this stage I'm so out of it, if was targeted, I wouldn't put up a defence.

I will say that I'm good and i've done my best for the village. I really don't know where we go from here and I'm kinda feeling pretty beaten already. Sorry village.

Advertisement