Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania Lord of Shadows

Options
  • 22-06-2019 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭

Lads I know this string of entries isn't generally appreciated but I watched a retrospective of the full timeline recently and have to say, I loved the story, and the voice acting was second to none. Robert Carlisle, a young Richard Madden and Patrick Stewart did stellar jobs.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I didn't play the games at the time, only getting into the series recently having bought the PS4 offer of rondo of blood/symphony of the night, but I'm mightily tempted to get the LOS games to play on ps3. The gameplay looks good based on what I've seen so I'd be happy to be detered if someone can offer an opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Lords of shadow is an incredible game, and from what i can recall, received good reviews. Its the sequel that was received poorly, i never got around to playing it myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

nix wrote: »
    Lords of shadow is an incredible game, and from what i can recall, received good reviews. Its the sequel that was received poorly, i never got around to playing it myself :(

There's some games I've been willing to buy and play on the ps3 since the PS4 came into fruition. Some games just defy the platform so if you reckon LOS is a game worth playing I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I didn't play it at launch but i remember it wore out its welcome pretty quickly with me and i flushed it. Can't put my finger on why exactly i stopped playing it cause i like games like this (God of War, DMC) It's also possible a different game grabbed my attention and i dropped this in favour of it.

Also if you have a PC get it on that instead of the console it was released on. Would look better no doubt

Speaking of the voice acting. I remember when i see this trailer for the first time. Blew me away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There's some games I've been willing to buy and play on the ps3 since the PS4 came into fruition. Some games just defy the platform so if you reckon LOS is a game worth playing I'll get it.

Yeah what YSML said, get it on PC if you can, I loved it at the time, but its been so long now, i have no idea how well it will hold up. If the type of combat it has is something you like or think you will like, no harm in giving it a try. I'd say you can pick up a copy pretty cheap in the likes of CEX or allkeys if yer going PC.

Edit: haha yeah, you can get it for €4 in CEX, if you dont like it, send me the bill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Steam says I have played 21 minutes of this and own it since 2014 :confused::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I actually went back to this recently on Xbox 360 as I'd gotten stuck half way through years ago and having played all the souls game since I thought my skills would have improved and they had. It still holds up really well imo. Very similar to the recent DMC in that you can't wander far from the prescribed path but the environment and gameplay were solid and I really enjoyed the rest of it. Then I gave the sequel a shot and although the beginning is a bit flat I expect it to improve when I go back to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lords of Shadow is alright.its also not a real Castlevania. It had that slapped on it near the end of development.

The gameplay is very similar to the older God of War games but not quite as fun. Enemies also take way too much damage which came get boring. It's also got a very slow opening with some awful opening stages but then gets better.

Advertisement