Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toutless Tips

Options
  • 31-01-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Anyone got any advice on using this?
    My young fella has me plagued for tixx for a completely sold out event.
    I registered on Toutless afew days ago and two have come up.
    I live down the country and will have to meet the seller in Dubland.
    Anything I need to know?
    Naturally I dont want to go to the gig to find weve been scammed.
    thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anything I need to know?
    thanx

Check their profile, how many posts they have, when they joined etc.

Its a great resource. I've been using it for years and never met a dodgy person. They can't sell tickets over face value anyway but try to avoid buying print at home tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anything I need to know?
    thanx

I have never had any trouble buying tickets off that site. Ideally buy actual tickets not E-Tickets but I have bought E-tickets off there and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

The tixx have name and address of seller on them.
    Thats good,right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Yes if the person has bought the tickets via the Ticketmaster Website then their name should be on them. Confirming with some ID that the tickets belong to the person selling them is a good idea.

I've written a bit on general safety and the like on the site here:
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26835

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Thanks for the replies...alas its not gonna happen,,sellers bro wants them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

It's a good site. Again, just be careful with the print out tickets. I've bought and sold a fair bit off it. Anyone i've bought a ticket off has been genuinely delighted to sell, always seems to be someone who couldn't go, or got caught with an extra ticket.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Bought lots of tickets off there.....good site, just make sure person has proof of purchase, name on tickets.....and preferably hard copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I've bought and sold many tickets through toutless over the years and I've never had any issues at all.
    My view is that it is used by genuine music fans (like myself!) who buy tickets in advance and then get stuck not being able to go.

You'll probably find that more tickets become available the closer you get to the date of the gig. For something that has a big demand, tickets that are put up for sale are swept up quickly. You can put up an ad looking for tickets, but loads of people do that so maximise your chances by checking in frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Guy selling tickets on toutless for gigs in Cork. Is a new user, less than a week, and has 4 or 6 tickets for sale for all the gigs in cork. Dodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

We've a couple of things we do say to be careful about and a new user with lots of tickets is one thing but it isn't a guarantee someone is dodgy. Use the report feature on the site or drop us a mail. If we have evidence someone is dodge we'll remove them from the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I've bought and sold many tickets through toutless over the years and I've never had any issues at all.

+1

I would always be wary of a first time poster or newly joined for any site.
    Toutless does a lot to help people to buy/sell tickets but there's always someone trying it on and never easy to spot them.
    However there's are people desperate to get a ticket and then lose the run of themselves despite what long time users tell them and they end up getting shafted.
    As said before, if buying e tickets always check the person who's name is on the e ticket is the same as the person who is selling.
    Hard copy tickets aren't 100% safe either but better.

The tixx have name and address of seller on them.
    Thats good,right?

E tickets don't have the buyers address on them.
    If their name and address is on them, the tickers are "hard copy" tickets.
    These now look like e tickets so might be confusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Patser

Same again. Used it a few times to buy and sell, no issues and a great place for genuine buyers and sellers to meet with no one being fleeced.

Same as others though, use common sense when buying. Through the pm system and calls, you should get a good feeling of who you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Used lots of times too..great site and many great nights out..Thanks Toast for all the hard work.. One tip i can give combined with checking their previous posts is offer to meet the seller at their home or workplace rather than on a street corner. If their genuine they will have no problem with this and gives you more peace of mind the tickets are genuine.

Always be especially wary of people selling tickets for sold out events like Champions League Final etc who have only recently joined a site.
    These sellers then say they are located in some other part of the country, in another country and can't meet up face to face for various reasons.
    When this happens, say you can organise someone else to meet them up
    (doesn't matter whether it's true or not) and see if they respond.
    Most of the time, the contact will end and at least you then know for sure,
    it's a scam.

I have heard about people buying etickets from legitimate sellers and then
    selling them on multiple times on other sites where there's no feedback or reviews, also sold on facebook.
    1st person gets in and nobody after that.
    Phone then gets disconnected and there's no way of contacting them again.

Advertisement