Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is the Luas safe?

• 18-06-2019 12:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

Hi

I'm starting a new job on the south side and I'll need the take the Luas from Trinity after taking a Dart? I've never been on the Luas so I'm wondering how safe it is? I'll be using the Green line.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

laradevire wrote: »
    Hi

I'm starting a new job on the south side and I'll need the take the Luas from Trinity after taking a Dart? I've never been on the Luas so I'm wondering how safe it is? I'll be using the Green line.

Thanks

It's generally very safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

109,000 use it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Hi

Thanks

Would you not consider going mad and take a couple of trips on the Green Luas line yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

sugarman wrote: »
    About as safe as the DART.

The Dart during the day at morning and in the evening commute is fine. Not sure how safe it is after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Hi

Thanks

Every fifth passenger burns in a pillar of fire, while random trams go to Mars and never come back.

Other than that, it’s safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

one tram went missing last year, full of people somewhere between harcourt st and the liffey. it was hushed up to prevent panic but the true dubs know the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

Hal3000 wrote: »
    The Dart during the day at morning and in the evening commute is fine. Not sure how safe it is after that.

The DART is totally safe, until you go North of COnnolly, then the later it gets there is a steep rise in how much danger you'll be in, it will depend on how much hassle they think you will be when they sus you out.

To the OP the Green lines safe, even the ''little red line'' around Ballyogan wood is safe enough if you don't count the feral children that never seem to be in school (or have seen a sponge and sink), and unlike the others ^ that's not a joke, it's a real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

one tram went missing last year, full of people somewhere between harcourt st and the liffey. it was hushed up to prevent panic but the true dubs know the story.

It's rumoured those passengers are still in Coppers, locked in an endless cycle of watery beer and shifting and drifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I’ve used the Luas a few times in Dublin. Only ever experienced some discomfort on the Red Line, some knacker young one with a buggy exoected a black man to move for her, he rightly didn’t so her boyfriend tried to act tough but failed while the rest of us stared at our feet.
    I hate Dublin.

Advertisement