Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Poll

• 16-06-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭

Latest poll

The Sunday Times / Behaviour & Attitudes poll found that support for Fine Gael has dropped by five points to 23% percent, while Fianna Fáil's support remains unchanged at 28%.

It also suggests that support for Sinn Féin has fallen by seven points to 12%, and that follows a two-point drop in the last survey.

The party which has gained most support is the Green Party - which, the poll suggests, now stands 11% - an increase of six points. 

The poll also put Labour on 5% support - up one, while the Independent Alliance and the Social Democrats were both unchanged on 3% and 1% respectively.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Looks like way is clearing for FF Greens Labour and a few independents next time?

Just one thing about SF. Whatever about Mary Lou that deputy leader from NI is useless.

She is constantly on Mary Lou’s shoulder in tv appearances. I wonder is it having a negative impact overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

FF Greens Social Dems and a few indos. FG have only themselves to blame. Many FG stalwarts telling them their kids cannot access housing in or close to Dublin. FG couldn't care less about social housing tenants but this is affecting their core base.

Expect some policy approach to counter this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Cal4567 wrote: »
    FF Greens Social Dems and a few indos. FG have only themselves to blame. Many FG stalwarts telling them their kids cannot access housing in or close to Dublin. FG couldn't care less about social housing tenants but this is affecting their core base.

Expect some policy approach to counter this.

The way they (FG) designed the housing crisis means as the months pass more people on higher incomes are effected. The majority of new families on the homeless list are coming from private rentals, the days of shrugging it off might be gone as it begins to bite at their core.
    Although I could never bring myself to vote FF a move by them to increase social and affordable housing stock would be most welcome. Seeing 'social housing' and thinking 'forever homes' will be the fall of the FG core as more and more people on decent incomes can't afford a roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its quite simple - the voting public have forgiven FF and they want them in power to do the same thing all over again. We definitely get the government we deserve considering so many people vote for the same crap over and over again, regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 27,026 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The way they (FG) designed the housing crisis means as the months pass more people on higher incomes are effected. The majority of new families on the homeless list are coming from private rentals, the days of shrugging it off might be gone as it begins to bite at their core.
    Although I could never bring myself to vote FF a move by them to increase social and affordable housing stock would be most welcome. Seeing 'social housing' and thinking 'forever homes' will be the fall of the FG core as more and more people on decent incomes can't afford a roof.

This is a curious phrase which I am struggling to understand. Are you suggesting that Fine Gael deliberately created the housing crisis by design?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    This is a curious phrase which I am struggling to understand. Are you suggesting that Fine Gael deliberately created the housing crisis by design?

It's a symptom of their designing. I do not believe Fine Gael are idiots. Incompetent for sure but if you run the same policies pretty much year on year and see crises break records and worsen year on year, you are complicit in the creation, exacerbation and maintenance of the crises. So yes, it's their design in respect of their actions feeding it and one they seem happy to leave unchanged.

Advertisement