Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Drive for show, putt for dough.

The 7 yesterday or the bunker shot today have anything to do with his putting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He probably be leading if it weren't for the 14th. shocking the last 2 day's.

tobsey wrote: »
    The 7 yesterday or the bunker shot today have anything to do with his putting?

Be as selective as you want, I'll leave you two to your massage fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Translation: "I have nothing to back up my cliché, so Im out".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

That was a poor putt on the last. Really could have done with the eagle there.

• Advertisement

If that's his worst of the week, I'll take it.

But he needs help of monumental proportions to win, can't see it. He'll look for early birdie's which won't come and that will be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

He'll look for early birdies which won't come and that will be that.

That's a fairly precise prediction! Let's see how accurate it turns out to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Choke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Bye bye rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Pissartist wrote: »
    Choke

Hes likely gone but its hardly a choke when you're 5 shots adrift.

It was always going to take something very special to be in a position to win

• Advertisement

Sigh it was a poor drive and and an unlucky lie in ****e rough when he could have been in the bunker, why do people need to be so sensationalist

Was always going to press hard at the start and has paid the price.

Free wheelin Rory now and the birdie's will flow.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭OEP

Look at Koepka, he got a lucky lie Rory got unlucky. Both had to push it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

OEP wrote: »
    Look at Koepka, he got a lucky lie Rory got unlucky. Both had to push it

People without a clue like the troll above don’t understand that or don’t want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Haha choke, 5 shots off the lead and goes for it. Yup. Good God people who haven't posted in the thread all week when hes been fantastic.

Anyway why am I even taking the bait?????

He'll soon be dropped from the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I hope he looks at himself after this. The first thing I'd like him to do is get a new caddie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I hope he looks at himself after this. The first thing I'd like him to do is get a new caddie.

So get rid of the caddie who has helped him win 2 PGA tour events this year and get back to top 5 in the world...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

It is astonishing that a golfer with such poor wedge play, who can't putt and who needs a new caddy has been the best golfer in the world so far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭bren2001

It is astonishing that a golfer with such poor wedge play, who can't putt and who needs a new caddy has been the best golfer in the world so far this year.

I have not seen Brooks have any of those issues.....

I'm pretty sure koepka is number 1 and has competed in ever major this year. Credit to Rory he's having a very good season, he's not far off being at his best again but right now he is not best golfer in world.

Since his win in 2011, he has made the cut 4 times (of 8 played) at the US open, T9 in 2015 at Chambers bay is his best result, would like to see him better that by close of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

LMAO....

BOTTLER!

galwayllm wrote: »
    LMAO....

BOTTLER!

It's almost sad that you enjoy the "failure" of one player over and above the success of another.

It speaks quite a lot to the character of someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Mcllroy is like pogba, good when it doesn’t count but when he needs to be brilliant, crumbles.

Mcllroy is like pogba, good when it doesn’t count but when he needs to be brilliant, crumbles.

He finished once again in the Top 10.

Nobody else challenged Woodland, Rose arguably bottled it far more. Koepka couldn't keep up the pressure.

These are all narratives you can run with instead of trolling and trying to make cross sport analogies that make little sense.

You've claimed in the past you aren't trolling so why not attempt to add some value instead of constantly trying to incite. I just dont understand what you get from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Not really a Rory fan(More to do with his personality) but he didn't bottle it yesterday. He was chasing and that either works well early on or it doesn't. He has talent most of us can only dream of. But unfortunately for Rory so do many others have the same talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Very rare for the golfers to win two events in a row.

That needs factoring into the equation too.

Two double bogies make the round look worse too.

Those two holes are +4 in a round that finished up at +1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I saw some clown posted the same thing on the 42 app.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement