Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Woke up with a big smile on my face this morning.

And then I started laughing when I thought of that donkey David Brady and his "at least 12-15 point victory" prediction on Matt Cooper on Friday night.

He typified the old Mayo player (not the current bunch) who looked great when things were going their way, but was nowhere to be seen when the going got tough. Now he's spouting thoughtless rubbish on a regular basis through the media. A serious lack of grey matter on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

The question I’ll ask is do ye see Roscommon getting further than mayo this yr.ye have had a poor league with getting relegated and I think ye where at least 4/5 points up at one stage only for us to claw it back and nearly take it to Xtra time.
    Also do ye have enough to get over Galway I have my doubts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

naughto wrote: »
    The question I’ll ask is do ye see Roscommon getting further than mayo this yr.ye have had a poor league with getting relegated and I think ye where at least 4/5 points up at one stage only for us to claw it back and nearly take it to Xtra time.

Who cares. We'll worry about that later in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Jaysus bitter much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

BullBauld wrote: »
    Jaysus bitter much?

How am I bitter when I congratulate the great win ye had a few post up.
    I watched the game back today and shocking is not word for or display it’s like we thought we could win it at only 60% the way it went on.
    It’s when you watch it back you see a lot more on both sides.your midfield is very poor I feel Galway will target it if they can keep cox quite something we never did did all game then ye will be in bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

How am I bitter when I congratulate the great win ye had a few post up.
    I watched the game back today and shocking is not word for or display it’s like we thought we could win it at only 60% the way it went on.
    It’s when you watch it back you see a lot more on both sides.your midfield is very poor I feel Galway will target it if they can keep cox quite something we never did did all game then ye will be in bother.

We have more to our forwards than just cox. Enda and Diarmuid will be back fully fit. And even with the Ref giving mayo everything yesterday we still beat ye. Even his umpires gave ye a point that was two feet wide. Jog on sore loser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Did you get that salt from the dunking you took last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

I heard earlier that on the Shannonside broadcast there was a very audible "ah f*ck it" when Mayo got that last (dodgy) free. Not sure who it was, but two separate people heard it.

Anybody got a soundbite?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mayo wave

Joe Brolly was 100% right when he talked about Mayo this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

yabadabado wrote: »
    Mayo wave

Joe Brolly was 100% right when he talked about Mayo this evening.

The problem was, all he wanted to do was talk about Mayo. TSG didn't really care that Roscommon won, but were obssessed with the fact that Mayo lost. To be expected though.

Regardless, that's some boost to the team's confidence and a really annoying monkey off the back. I truly wasn't expecting the result. Very satisfying watching it back again yesterday.

Galway won't take us half as lightly as Mayo seemed to, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Clare supporter here , fair play is good sport,ye won and deserved to win .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bill Hill

Roscommon have a sweet side, would be great see them really push the big guns this year. Conor Cox was immense too and he could be a big asset to the Rossies. Heres a Top Scorers table for the Connacht Championship if anyones interested. billhillwicklow.com/list/connacht-senior-football-championship-top-scorers-table-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

megadodge wrote: »
    I heard earlier that on the Shannonside broadcast there was a very audible "ah f*ck it" when Mayo got that last (dodgy) free. Not sure who it was, but two separate people heard it.

Anybody got a soundbite?

would love to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

The problem was, all he wanted to do was talk about Mayo. TSG didn't really care that Roscommon won, but were obssessed with the fact that Mayo lost. To be expected though.

Regardless, that's some boost to the team's confidence and a really annoying monkey off the back. I truly wasn't expecting the result. Very satisfying watching it back again yesterday.

Galway won't take us half as lightly as Mayo seemed to, though.

That's not true.....All Brolly wanted to talk about was Mayo, Cahill (and Whelan) tried several times to talk about Roscommon but Brolly kept going back to Mayo, he is some tool.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Well lads, what's the story with tickets? The county board have said they only have a limited number of Section B stand tickets for sale - which aren't great being at one side of the pitch. How can all the middle sections be gone already? Back in 2017 I got decent tickets from the county board around the middle of the field. Is it worth biding some time in case better ones come up? Tickets.ie had sections j and k in the stand available yesterday but terrace only now on their site.

So looking like the CB have finally admitted they dont want to go ahead with CoE in Runabracken .
    A mess since day one and now looking for alternative sites closer to Roscommon town.

yabadabado wrote: »
    So looking like the CB have finally admitted they dont want to go ahead with CoE in Runabracken .
    A mess since day one and now looking for alternative sites closer to Roscommon town.

Given 3/4 of players involved in u20s and Senior are based in Dublin/Galway the further south in the county they go the better for all involved.
    Speaking to a lad who was on the fringes of the county senior panel a few years ago and based in Dublin he used hate when it got into summer months and training was in the Hyde rather than Kiltoom/Lomans(Mullingar) as it added at least 50 minutes extra a night to his travel.

Ideally somewhere between Ganlys and Hannons would be best IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

blazermel wrote: »
    Well lads, what's the story with tickets? The county board have said they only have a limited number of Section B stand tickets for sale - which aren't great being at one side of the pitch. How can all the middle sections be gone already? Back in 2017 I got decent tickets from the county board around the middle of the field. Is it worth biding some time in case better ones come up? Tickets.ie had sections j and k in the stand available yesterday but terrace only now on their site.

Season tickets/corporate giveaways will take up a fair chunk I would imagine. Covered stand in Salthill isn't that big either, much smaller than Castlebar.

Given 3/4 of players involved in u20s and Senior are based in Dublin/Galway the further south in the county they go the better for all involved.
    Speaking to a lad who was on the fringes of the county senior panel a few years ago and based in Dublin he used hate when it got into summer months and training was in the Hyde rather than Kiltoom/Lomans(Mullingar) as it added at least 50 minutes extra a night to his travel.

Ideally somewhere between Ganlys and Hannons would be best IMO

That was an issue ten years ago when they were looking for sites but they still went ahead with Runabracken.
    It was a crazy decision then and still is but now they have spent a fortune but nothing to show for it.

The AIT offer was a great option to have back then but wasnt taken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Any truth to the report I heard that Ultan Harney suffered a knee ligament injury in training midweek?
    Please be the usual barstool BS.....

• Advertisement

Any truth to the report I heard that Ultan Harney suffered a knee ligament injury in training midweek?
    Please be the usual barstool BS.....

Cruciate gone so won't be seen till next year I would expect at a minimum, was in the A v B game in ait yesterday I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cruciate gone so won't be seen till next year I would expect at a minimum, was in the A v B game in ait yesterday I believe

feckin AIT.
    the pitch is like a rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Always_Running

ACL or PCL? the poor lad has been riddled with injuries since a minor. Was playing well and without stating the obvious he will be big loss for Roscommon in next Sunday's Connacht final.

I heard acl but it only happened saturday and usual takes few days to hear full extent of these things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

3 changes for final. Enda Smith, Devaney and Murtagh come in for Harney (who is injured) and Darcy and Glennon

D88H2NFXYAAmz99?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

You could argue we are stronger!

franglan wrote: »
    You could argue we are stronger!

Not on the bench though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Not on the bench though

Matchday 26 minus Harney and Heneghan (I believe) = weaker, yes. I believe we have a real chance this weekend. Wouldn't be having us at 5/2 anyway - would see Galway as only slight favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I've a feeling Harney will be a big loss today
    Hopefully Ros will get enough scores to win it, at least 2 goals needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I've a feeling Harney will be a big loss today
    Hopefully Ros will get enough scores to win it, at least 2 goals needed.

it will be a close one and thats the type of game youd want harney for but I think we will beat them, mighty to see their hurlers beaten last night too, theyre a cocky crowd of ***** just like the rhubarbs, safe travel to everyone today and up the rosies

Advertisement