Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend nice bottle of sherry

Options
  • 07-06-2019 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I want to buy a friend who likes Sherry a bottle as a gift. Something maybe around the 20/30 euro mark. Nothing more expensive. I dont drink myself so I would really appreciate some recommendations

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I don't drink it myself, keep reading it's a great pairing for food and that there's more to sherry than A Winters Tale!

Some recommendations here...
    https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/wine/the-wine-buff-sherrys-resurgence-37740614.html

Lustau Manzanilla 'Papirusa'
    €24, 15pc, from Mitchell & Son, CHQ, Sandycove, Avoca Kilmacanogue and Dunboyne, mitchellandson.com
    (Mitchell and Son also have an expensive whiskey aged in former Lustau sherry barrels!)

Tio Pepe
    €15.99-€16.99, 15pc, from O'Brien's, The Celtic Whiskey Shop, winesoftheworld.ie

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

many thanks. really appreciate the recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I love sherry and the diversity available. I spent a few days in Jerez and Sanlucar last year and I loved it all.

Do you know if they like any particular sherry style?

See if you can get a bottle of Tio Pepe en Rama. It’s a yearly release and a bit of an event in the sherry calendar. Lustau is a high quality sherry producer and the bigger O’Briens tend to carry a good selection of their bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thank u so much for sharing your knowledge and experience. Delighted get recommendations as haven't clue myself. It much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

If you like dry white wine then La Guita manzanilla. If you like sweet stuff, grab a bottle of pedro ximénez Romate’s ‘Cardenal Cisneros'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement