Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code Vein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That Japanese art style makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Cowboy gives some hands on impressions.Looks promising .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I do hope this is good. Been trying to find info on a release date. According to playstation lifestyle or something, it's July!

Why do links never work when I post them???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I do hope this is good. Been trying to find info on a release date. According to playstation lifestyle or something, it's July!

Why do links never work when I post them???

I'd say it could be next year before we see this.

Thought that meself. Found this online. Know it means nothing but am hoping there's truth to it:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/09/code-vein-release-date-possibly-outed-summer-launch-incoming-2/#/slide/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i reckon itll be out July/August before the Autumn AAA releases..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I’d heard about this a while back and was quite excited to see a souls clone. But that clip above has blunted that enthusiasm, instead I’m seeing a b******* child of Gears of War and Darksiders.

Looks very last gen and too dark to really go wow at

Release date announced last night along with a new 6 min trailer in Japanese. Probably see am English translation today. 27th September for X Box 1 and PS4 and 28th September for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Release date announced last night along with a new 6 min trailer in Japanese. Probably see am English translation today. 27th September for X Box 1 and PS4 and 28th September for PC.

It is the 27th in Japan and the 28th in the West across the 3 platforms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thought that meself. Found this online. Know it means nothing but am hoping there's truth to it:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/09/code-vein-release-date-possibly-outed-summer-launch-incoming-2/#/slide/1
    Xenji wrote: »
    It is the 27th in Japan and the 28th in the West across the 3 platforms.

Well I was way off anyway :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

"CODE VEIN has been delayed, now releases in 2019"

Hopefully it'll be sometime around the end of February... very quiet period for game releases that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gaming industry Battle Royale, we're going meta.

Everyone releases on February 22nd. Last game standing wins.

"CODE VEIN has been delayed, now releases in 2019"

Hopefully it'll be sometime around the end of February... very quiet period for game releases that.

Not surprised, it would of been really lost in the mix with 6 other big Japanese games coming out in the space of a month.

I was right :pac:

New gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Anyone going to be playing the beta for this?I'm person very interested to see how this plays.seems like a good shake up to the souls formula.

• I'd forgotten I'd signed up :o

Just noticed a code in my email there so I'll give it a look this evening.

Playing it there the art style is so nice and you can switch between jobs with one job having a sort of bloodborne style of dodging.

There's gonna be alot to figure out here.

• Yeah had a quick look there is a lot to take in with the blood codes but cool you can swap them and not have to make a committed choice. Good options for character creation too.

Certainly looks better than the videos would have had me believe. The voice acting isn't great and was annoyed that the AI seemed to be stealing my kills.

My main fear form watching the videos was the combat and it feels just as I expected which is not good. Maybe it'll improve further in.

EDIT: Played up to the first boss. First phase was handy, the second I died twice, just couldn't seem to pick an opening and I was using a heavy weapon. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Apparently getting released on 27th Sep. How did people find the network test. Decent or crap? Not sure if I'll get it. I have it ordered but based on what I saw I may cancel.

• Apparently getting released on 27th Sep. How did people find the network test. Decent or crap? Not sure if I'll get it. I have it ordered but based on what I saw I may cancel.

Watching the videos that have been around the network test played just like that. It's actually the section Sephiroth_dude posted.

I liked the gear and inventory and character creation. The fact you could swap classes etc. I didn't spent too long with it but the combat feels off. It plays just like the video and I don't know, the enemies don't feel right either, I'm probably not being fair to it just find it difficult to put into words. Like maybe if I'd not played the from games it might have felt ok :confused:

• Theres a demo for this out now, not sure if it's the same content as the network test but I'd imagine it is as it mentions your character can be used in the full game.

They also mention the demo will be updated with additional content in the form of multiplayer and a new stage.

I'll give it another look but I've a feeling not much will have changed from the network test.

https://twitter.com/CodeVeinGame/status/1169973640059936773

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

reviews out at 12?

Anyone interested in this; got the deluxe version from games planet uk for 45 quid pretty good deal imo.

sweetie wrote: »
    reviews out at 12?

15.00 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

IGN gave it a 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IGN gave it a 7.

Which is death by today's standards.

Gonna wait till it comes down in price, after the numerous delays it is no surprise it seems like a bit of a mixed bag.

• Advertisement

I picked this and The Surge 2 this week. While I haven't played too much of this yet, currently about to take on second Boss, initial impressions are that it's just OK. Definitely a Souls lite, not quite as punishing as Souls. Probably because of your partner being with you throughout. It's definitely punishing in parts. The lead up to second Boss was brutal.

I almost cancelled my preorder due to the feedback the demo received but glad I did not. Its interesting. Seems to be an issue with hitboxes. Unless your right next to the enemy the hit won't register even thought it clearly connected.

Maybe my opinion will change as I progress further and I'll like (or dislike) it more. 7/10 seems about right. Oh, and I know nothing about Anime. I've read this game is aimed at fans of the genre.

Advertisement