Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 7 - Canada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

That was pretty funny to be fair

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Haha Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭This is it

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

walshb wrote: »
    He’s a disgrace...and should be punished for this petulance.
    Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Brilliant by Seb.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Childish behaviour from the baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Awkward...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Podium interviews should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The onboard shot from Vettel shows how much oversteer he was fighting. He was not in control of the car, driving on grass will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Love that they haven’t moved the signs back

• Advertisement

If it was the opposite way the abuse Lewis would get would be brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Podium interviews should be interesting.

Not done on the podium anymore. Martin did them in Parc Ferme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

walshb wrote: »
    Vettel’s always been a spoilt petulant sore loser..
    Is he seriously not gonna take his spot on the podium? Regardless of you’re opinion of the penalty that’s a bit classless... going up to the race director no doubt to moan.

No he won’t he’s an arrogant person to say the least.

Oh FFS, we always complain drivers have "no character", and when one shows some, he's a "petulant loser", just because it's the "wrong one" showing he's not a "yes man".

Also, Lewins and Mercedes going to cry to the stewards for a penalty are no problem...
    skipper_G wrote: »
    Go Seb, tell them shove their podium procedure up their hole
    HighLine wrote: »
    Absolute right move by Vettel in boycotting the podium. And contrary to the silly comment above, he was well measured and respectful on his final radio message. Kudos to him.

Precisely. The whole system of non-appealable penalties while teams are allowed to protest / point out "things" and apply pressure it the highest magnitude of idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭numbnutz

We have just witnessed the vanillafication of formula one.Seb had nowhere to go...funny though moving the 1st place to his spot...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A better choice would have been to tell Seb to let Lewis pass and give him the place, and then let them race until the end.

Autosport wrote: »
    If it was the opposite way the abuse Lewis would get would be brutal
    No I wouldn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Why not penalise after the race if they felt it necessary?

Regardless of your opinion on the penalty there's enough there to warrant an appeal about it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No I wouldn’t.

Maybe not you but others yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Rule is unsafe return to track, doesn't matter if Vettel meant it or not. Nothing in the rule about it having to be deliberate. Penalty seemed fair enough imo

Neither driver involved is my cup of tea, poor, petulant losers and winners, and I'd have liked if they both failed to finish.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

antodeco wrote: »
    A better choice would have been to tell Seb to let Lewis pass and give him the place, and then let them race until the end.

Actually not a bad shout would have kept the bite in the race.

• Advertisement

Lads Montreal Isn’t like other tracks like silver stone where there is loads of run off areas. Where was vettel supposed to go ? Crash into the wall and then take Hamilton out ?

I can't help but feel that Mercedes purposely sent a girl onto the podium...

Why?

Why?

Less likely to boo "Mercedes".

I find it funny that after the race has been the most exciting thing all season!

She enjoyed herself up there which was nice to see regardless of the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just heard about this and seen it. What was Vettel supposed to do? Crash?
    Absolutely insane decision.
    If he tried to stay off the racing line he might have spun around and taken both himself and Hamilton out.
    This isn't a big wide track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

It all boils down to Seb making a mistake. I don't think he had anywhere to go but if you make a mistake it can cost you a place and that's what happened. Very very disappointing to see another Merc win but I have lost all sympathy after his petulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

All the professional racing drivers turned pundits on Sky agree, did not deserve a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just heard about this and seen it. What was Vettel supposed to do? Crash?
    Absolutely insane decision.
    If he tried to stay off the racing line he might have spun around and taken both himself and Hamilton out.
    This isn't a big wide track.

Clearly, some people think he should've just crashed in the barrier he avoided inside the chicane...

I want to think Merc crying wasn't a factor and it's sheer incompetence from the side of the judges.

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    All the professional racing drivers turned pundits on Sky agree, did not deserve a penalty.
    Toto just said he’d **** the place board at the car.

Advertisement