Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gendered attack at bus stop in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Scumbags rob someone. What's the sexuality ****e about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is a gendered attack? One on or by a man or woman?
    Thread makes no sense.

Muslims!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Apologies, corrected as gender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

I think that that's his point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Likewise, not getting the point you're making OP? Scum bags attack innocent victim. What's the gender got to do with it? The scum bag trait exists among men and women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

She was attacked by four women and a man according to that article and so what difference does gender make (surely irrelevant??).... Awful crime but I'm not sure what sort of point you are trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did we read the same article. What has gender to do with it? And apart from the gender of the victim and perpetrators have I missed something?

These 4 girls attacked another girl, it is clear they attacked her because of her gender. Which should make it a gender attack. Hate crime!!!

Kimsang wrote: »
    These 4 girls attacked another girl, it is clear they attacked her because of her gender. Which should make it a gender attack. Hate crime!!!

And when four lads beat up and rob another man is it a 'gender' attack too????

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Why is that clear?
    Why is it a hate crime?
    Surely it is just as likely that 4 girls identified a lone person that could be robbed?
    The fact that they were female is really incidental.

And hate crime? Really?
    Theft with violence is not a hate crime.

• Advertisement

Apologies, corrected as gender

Same question but substitute in gender.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Same question but substitute in gender.

These girls would not have attacked a man. It is clearly a gendered attack.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

These 4 girls attacked another girl, it is clear they attacked her because of her gender.

How is that clear? They attacked her because they're scumbags. Where is the evidence that they attacked her because of her gender? Is it simply because it's unusual for women to make unprovoked attacks on a man in the street because they're afraid he'd fight back? That doesn't make it a "gendered" attack, it makes it a cowardly one.

Yes they very likely would have had a man placed himself in the same situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

A young woman was assaulted and robbed while waiting at Arthurs’ Quay in the early hours of last Friday morning(fri 24th May) by a group of women.

Why do some women get upset, angry, emotional, virtriolic, nasty, vicious and just down right offended at other women existing?

They could have just minded their business about the gender of who they were attacking, but they rather intervene in stranger's lives and beat them up for being a woman!

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DfiCx-CxhwkJ:https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/crime-and-courts/420690/garda-warning-following-vicious-late-night-attack-at-limerick-bus-stop.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Unlike the London bus attack, there is no evidence that sex/ gender was a factor here.

Try harder.

banie01 wrote: »
    Why is that clear?
    Why is it a hate crime?
    Surely it is just as likely that 4 girls identified a lone person that could be robbed?
    The fact that they were female is really incidental.

And hate crime? Really?
    Theft with violence is not a hate crime.

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Could you quote what makes you think that from the linked article?

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Unlike the London bus attack, there is no evidence that sex/ gender was a factor here.

Try harder.

For something to be a hate crime, sex/gender doesn't have to be a factor, it must be the MAIN MOTIVATOR.

Do you think these girls would have attacked a man??

I agree with you.

If you agree with me, you would see that gender of the victim is irrelevant.
    It was an opportunistic theft of a lone victim.

Their genitals had fúck all to do with it.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »

Do you think these 4 girls would just as happily attacked a man?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

OP is trying to make a point that not every crime against someone of a certain gender/sexuality/race/etc. is due to their gender/sexuality/race/etc. but also misses the point that some are.

banie01 wrote: »
    If you agree with me, you would see that gender of the victim is irrelevant.
    It was an opportunistic theft of a lone victim.

Their genitals had fúck all to do with it.

Yes alot of what I've posted here is tongue in cheek, I'm really trying to highlight the absurdity of this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057986697

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

C’mon guys, it’s pretty obvious what the OP is up to. All the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Multiple scumbags attack single person. Swap genders in anywhere to that sentence and it's going to happen.

giphy.gif

The exact same argument is being made in the other thread, that there's no way the gang would have attacked non gay people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Do you think these 4 girls would just as happily attacked a man?

There were four women and a man involved so yes, I'd imagine they'd had have a go.

As I asked earlier - Could you quote what makes you think this was a "gendered attack" from the linked article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

For something to be a hate crime, sex/gender doesn't have to be a factor, it must be the MAIN MOTIVATOR.

Do you think these girls would have attacked a man??

Can you provide any evidence that this group targeted the victim because she was a woman?

Do you have anything apart from your own opinion to back up your point of view?

That’s the difference.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »

From my experience women don't physically attack men, they do it emotionally.

I do however see all the time of reports of women attacking other woman.

This means that women are misogynist!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement