Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Classic €36.99 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

v10 wrote: »
    €3.95

Thanks, works out cheaper from the uk then.

Meant to add, why do amazon uk not ship certain items here while other regions do? Do they have an agreement with the irish market so irish sellers can make more sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sneaklem

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/69495

29.99 in Gamestop, seems to be plenty in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Feck. We were robbed by Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sneaklem wrote: »
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/69495

29.99 in Gamestop, seems to be plenty in stock

Brilliant, ordered, free postage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

On the fence with getting this.

Wouldn't mind modding it and adding a few RPGs I missed out on breath of fire iv but think it seems a hassle to mod it anyone any opinions.

Also worried it will sit under my desk , not played haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sneaklem

30 Quid with free delivery, worth a punt all day long. Seems they are getting rid of stocks everywhere so possibly last chance to get hands on one.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thanks for the heads up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wouldn't mind modding it and adding a few RPGs I missed out on breath of fire iv but think it seems a hassle to mod it anyone any opinions.

I haven't done it yet, but it seems fairly straightforward.

1) Buy a compatible USB stick (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MDXBTL1/)

2) Install Autobleem as in the video onto the stick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAVYYYOUrc)

3) Copy any roms you have onto the stick

The whole soldering thing is only if you need to get extra power for USB 3.0 drives, but the one I linked should work fine with the default PS Classic as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Been following this thread for a while and held off, was always more into the N64 when I was a kid.

But can't not take a punt for €30 with free delivery from gamestop.

I'll probably play the out of the box games for a while and see about hacking it later on.

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

I had to do the solder mod as my 64G Kingston usb stick wouldnt boot - and its still soooo slow to boot a game - black screen for 2 or 3 minutes - maybe It the usb stick? So yeah having hassle with that. anyone else have this issue?

Without mod - the included Games selection are not great if you are not into fighting games - most are just too dated - either with the controls (ResidentE) graphics (all the driving games) or unfair difficulty (odd world) to play anymore.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »

2) Install Autobleem as in the video onto the stick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAVYYYOUrc)

The whole soldering thing is only if you need to get extra power for USB 3.0 drives, but the one I linked should work fine with the default PS Classic as is.

Cheers just pulled the trigger on it maybe pick up a usb today at the sametime.

Cheers just pulled the trigger on it maybe pick up a usb today at the sametime.

I reckon if you're buying it on Amazon it's worth adding that USB stick into the basket... though no guarantee it will arrive in same box to Parcel Wizard/Motel so you may potentially get charged for 2 parcels. More than likely would be one box though as both are sold by Amazon afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Jeez - €30.

I can't afford not to buy one at that price.

I reckon if you're buying it on Amazon it's worth adding that USB stick into the basket... though no guarantee it will arrive in same box to Parcel Wizard/Motel so you may potentially get charged for 2 parcels. More than likely would be one box though as both are sold by Amazon afaik.

Got the last one in smyths down in cork,

would this sandisk be alright? I read online it seems to be okay?

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3395891/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB+2.0+DRIVE.htm

Might pick it up when , I pick the classic up also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I had one of those USBs before and found it got really hot and stopped working at times. Maybe it's to do with the size.

I had one of those USBs before and found it got really hot and stopped working at times. Maybe it's to do with the size.

They get hot when connected to the PC during the data transfer, but apparently don't get hot when in the PS Classic

It's possible the 2019 version was released to fix this though. It probably mentions it in the Amazon reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Decision. I have my PS1 in a wardrobe here but none of them games. I'm the same with the nes

No idea even if I ever get time to play it.

Could spin over to gamestop and get one.

I hate you all

I think the latest BleemSync added OTG support. So you could get something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Degree-Angled-Adapter-Galaxy-Tablet/dp/B00M7X6XNG/

and use any USB drive without worrying about power AND free up the second controller port.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I think the latest BleemSync added OTG support. So you could get something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Degree-Angled-Adapter-Galaxy-Tablet/dp/B00M7X6XNG/

and use any USB drive without worrying about power AND free up the second controller port.

Yes and no. You still need a compatible usb to do the initial mod. As I suggested before an sd to usb stick is usually a good option and you only need a small capacity sd or micor sd in an sd adapter as you won't be adding any games to it and it draws very little power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

AdrianII wrote: »
    Feck. We were robbed by Argos

You werent, its cheaper as Sony have it in there days of play sale that started today. They pay the retailers.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Yes and no. You still need a compatible usb to do the initial mod. As I suggested before an sd to usb stick is usually a good option and you only need a small capacity sd or micor sd in an sd adapter as you won't be adding any games to it and it draws very little power.

Yep it seems I'm a bit slow...soz!
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    If you want autobleem and 2 controller ports free follow this tutorial to add OTG support and it lets you use more power hungry USB 3.0 sticks. No opening the machine or anything. There is a little bit of flashing the system so you have to be careful not to plug it out but it does make backups and I'm yet to see anyone manage to permanently brick the system. It's pretty easy not to screw it up anyways. You do need a low powered usb for the first part I'd recommend any sd card/micro sd to usb adapter as they draw very little power and you just need a small (micro) sd card as you won't be putting any games on it just the files it needs to flash.

As for OTG cables if you go angled I believe you want a left angled one like this one or go for future proofing if they add wifi support

Is there much difference between autobleem and bleemsync ? Saw a few videos they look fairly similar gonna do this tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Is there much difference between autobleem and bleemsync ? Saw a few videos they look fairly similar gonna do this tomorrow

As far as I am aware autobleem is reversible whereas bleemsync is not.

There's also Retroboot too. From what little I've read AutoBleem doesn't make any changes to the PSC whereas BleemSync does. So it's that little bit safer. It's also easier to add games to AutoBleem.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭navannoel

If you get a build off Arcade Punks is a case of just putting into port 2 on the PlayStation:confused:?

navannoel wrote: »
    If you get a build off Arcade Punks is a case of just putting into port 2 on the PlayStation:confused:?

Yes but format to FAT32 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭navannoel

Thanks ,:) Looking forward to a 64gb build

bromley52 wrote: »
    Yes but format to FAT32 1st.

Does that limit usable space on a 64GB stick to 32GB or do you need to do the format with Powershell?

Does that limit usable space on a 64GB stick to 32GB or do you need to do the format with Powershell?

I used FAT32format GUI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Advertisement