Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you invest?

• 05-06-2019 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Total "how long is a piece of string" question but I'd like to hear how people manage the amount of money they invest.

I've been playing with DeGiro for 6 months and doing alright with 5k. Up about 5% based on advice from here, Motley Fool and general googling.
    I want to slowly put in more but I'm unsure how reliable this can be as a savings and investment fund.
    Do people here put X% of their salary in each month, maybe a few k once or twice a year, or do you add more when you see a particular trade you want to make?
    How confident are you in your returns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Total "how long is a piece of string" question but I'd like to hear how people manage the amount of money they invest.
    Up about 5% based on advice from here, Motley Fool and general googling.

Good work. I'm absolutely no expert, so I'd hesitate to provide any advice, other than that I've read that a spread of index funds over the long term are the safest way to go.

This is something I'm interested in learning about in DeGiro. Can you invest directly in index funds?

Advertisement