Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy at work keeps grinding up mucus onto the carpet near where I sit

Options
  • 06-06-2019 1:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭

Serious question. Fellah that sits right beside me in work is constantly picking his nose and kind of grinding the mucus between his fingers onto the ground about two feet away from me. He does this all day everyday, and there are dried shavings of mucus on the carpet between where we sit. I've asked him in the past whether he wants a tissue, and I've bought a big box tissues and put them at the end of my desk , but he doesn't seem to know what to do with them. Big dirty nails on the fellah. Back is covered in acne. Kind of bleachy/fishy smell off him too, which I think is semen. I can't smell him from where I sit though.

What should I do? He is nice otherwise, but the mucus thing is driving me over the edge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Report it to your boss and let them deal with it, if they don't ask for a new desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Tell him to put his shirt back on for a start.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Two tampons, ram one up each of his nostrils.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Stop being a slave to the system, grow a pair and remove yourself from the unnatural office environment where currently choose to WASTE most of your life.

*Now I better get back to smoking blunts and playing video games, after all it is 13:10 on a Thursday I really should get out of bed and do something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That’s disgusting. He should be fired. Dirty bastærd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Blast him with piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Tell teacher you'd like to sit somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Kind of bleachy/fishy smell off him too, which I think is semen. I can't smell him from where I sit though.

So when exactly did you smell this bleachy fish jizz?:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Take your bin out from under the desk very slowly with your foot and slide it under his hand. As long as he doesn't see you do it, magic bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

That’s disgusting. He should be fired. Dirty bastærd.

Not too familiar with labour laws there are you?

Hopefully they don't work in the food industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Become a true 'Former Observer' and stop observing. Mind yer own business!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Get a new job, it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Serious question. Fellah that sits right beside me in work is constantly picking his nose and kind of grinding the mucus between his fingers onto the ground about two feet away from me. He does this all day everyday, and there are dried shavings of mucus on the carpet between where we sit. I've asked him in the past whether he wants a tissue, and I've bought a big box tissues and put them at the end of my desk , but he doesn't seem to know what to do with them. Big dirty nails on the fellah. Back is covered in acne. Kind of bleachy/fishy smell off him too, which I think is semen. I can't smell him from where I sit though.

What should I do? He is nice otherwise, but the mucus thing is driving me over the edge.

**** on his desk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You either can or you can't, you will end up confusing the poor man.

Just admit it …. you fancy the arse off him. You have been staring at his back ffs. Smelling him and watching him finger himself....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Not too familiar with labour laws there are you?

Hopefully they don't work in the food industry.

There’s always a way of getting rid of an employee. No one should have to deal with some dirty bastard reeking of piss and/or sweat and/or semen. Or a colleague picking their nose, squeezing spots onto their monitor, picking at their hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

The first time I did my driving test the tester kept picking his nose and slowly wiping the snot along the inside of my passenger door. Pick, slow wipe, repeat, the whole test. I said nothing because I wanted to pass the test. When we got back to his office, he handed me a certificate of failure. In return for his snot-rubbing I crumpled the cert up into a ball and threw it at his head, before walking out. (Yep, it's true.) The next time I went in for a test he arrived out randomly to find me and someone else waiting and he said, in a very scared voice, ''Not her!'' pointing at me. Of course I passed my test with the lovely non-snot-wiping gent who tested me instead.
    Moral of the story (I guess) is throw crumpled up paper at him every time you see him. It's like aversion therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,595 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That is just disgusting. You shouldn’t have to endure any of it and it shouldn’t be “on you” to sort him out.

You should keep a record of his vile “activities” and raise the issue with your manager. If nothing changes go directly to HR. That guy sounds like an animal.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Are his initials KW by any chance? (Only fella I've ever been with whose semen smelt bizarrely like bleach!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Are his initials KW by any chance? (Only fella I've ever been with whose semen smelt bizarrely like bleach!)

Go on.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Oh my god tell the boss. That's not only grotesque but unsanitary for others.
    There’s always a way of getting rid of an employee. No one should have to deal with some dirty bastard reeking of piss and/or sweat and/or semen. Or a colleague picking their nose, squeezing spots onto their monitor, picking at their hole.
    I work with a hole picker. :(

Smell of ass and sweat off him too. :mad:

Thankfully I don't sit next to him - I only have to endure the odd whiff/sight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Look you have to out smell him. not sure what smells more disgusting than semen. you might have to get creative. I am thinking fish heads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

So when exactly did you smell this bleachy fish jizz?:eek::eek:

Phucker passes very close behind my chair when he comes and goes from the toilet/lunchbreak. Reeks of fish chowder and bleach and mouldy cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Jesus Christ some people are vile

Phucker passes very close behind my chair when he comes and goes from the toilet/lunchbreak. Reeks of fish chowder and bleach and mouldy cheese.

That my dear is a professional Saucier!!! I think I am going to be a little sick. Maybe for christmas you could be his secret santa and get him some industrial strength Tea tree oil hand wash. No, wait dont that will encourage him. Fapp fapp Fapp!!

You work with KANYE WEST!!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You work with KANYE WEST!!!!??

He is a gay fish, so it explains the fishy smell.

Y'know its not mean to smell THAT strong either you are over exaggerating or (I suspect) there is something bio-chemically wrong with him that is affecting his personality.

Fupp the lot of you!!!! I am not going to be able to sleep tonight with images in my mind of this monkey beating the peter out of himself like its his last chance before the nuclear apocalypse and he is beating it out all over bed covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

circadian wrote: »
    Go on.......

There's literally nothing more to the story. I slept with him, his stuff had this weird strong chemically bleachy smell to it. It was really offputting. I didn't go back for more!

• Advertisement

There's literally nothing more to the story. I slept with him, his stuff had this weird strong chemically bleachy smell to it. It was really offputting. I didn't go back for more!

Could he have been your cousin? You know how we are repulsed by the sweat of our cousins? I always say before I get into bed with the Missus to be ..... "Is that you cous?"

Did you burn the sheets just to be safe afterwards?

Advertisement