Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slane - to Camp or drive back

• 06-06-2019 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi going to Slane the weekend haven't been before is the traffic as bad getting out of it as I hear. Just wondering would it be easier to camp for the Saturday night or drive home. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

roome19b wrote: »
    Hi going to Slane the weekend haven't been before is the traffic as bad getting out of it as I hear. Just wondering would it be easier to camp for the Saturday night or drive home. thanks
    From past experience it depends where you park. If you look for parking on the N51 towards Drogheda it should be better and you'll hit the M1 fairly quickly. I've never camped so can't comment on that option. Here's the TII website info.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/slane-2019-metallica/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

is_that_so wrote: »
    From past experience it depends where you park. If you look for parking on the N51 towards Drogheda it should be better and you'll hit the M1 fairly quickly. I've never camped so can't comment on that option. Here's the TII website info.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/slane-2019-metallica/

+1 on that ..
    Definitely head for Drogheda and you'll hit the M1 on the way in.
    Will cost you €1.90 but in this instance it's well worth it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I’ve camped for the last few and imo definitely the better option. Only a ten min walk away can have a few drinks relax and go home at your own leisure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Will it not be a bit soggy for camping though?

Advertisement