Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ma

Options
  • 31-05-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn’t find another thread for this.

I thought it was really cool, but that last 15 mins was beyond stupid.

Film went by so fast (almost too fast)..

Never got a proper feel for any of the characters. Lot of premise but slightly disappointed leaving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The worst trailer for a film I’ve ever seen. Absolute shjte. I thought it was a joke trailer at first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Seen it last night and it's such a frustrating film in so many ways.

I thought the two main characters, Silvers and Spencer, were excellent.

Starts off really well, few shocks, laughs and overall is pretty engaging, but then it hits lots of flat spots, before picking up again and dipping again..... and that spoils what could have been a very decent film otherwise.
    The flash back stuff worked well I thought but wasn't utilized as well as it could have been. For example when the kids through the rock at the window and Ma breaks down.... that's when we should have a flashback, as tying that pain immediately to the pain from her past would have had much more of an impact . Instead they cut to Juliette Lews arguing with her daughter.

Loved it in parts....... but hated it in others.

Well worth seeing though. Decent enough popcorn flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was alright I thought. Watchable but nothing special.

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Not a memorable movie but it did keep me entertained for the duration. A 6/10 is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Kind of a car crash of a film in some ways with lots of plot-holes, pointless moments and scenes that directly contradict the previous scene. I don't expect Citizen Kane when I watch a movie like this but some semblance of sense would be good. That being said it was fine as a popcorn flick to see on the half price Wednesdays at Odeon and it did have some excellent gore/torture moments especially
    the girl's lips being sewn together
    which looked fantastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement