Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpowder Shotgun Shells?

Options
  • 04-06-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i can find 12 gauge blackpowder shells please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

cosieman wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can find 12 gauge blackpowder shells please.

Tryed to find some before as i had my eye on a lovely old hammer gun, 60 pounds sterling a box :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Most folk hand roll those shotgun rounds.So it's back to where to get BP?And how?:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cosieman

Any idea where you got them?

cosieman wrote: »
    Any idea where you got them?

Just cartridges in Oxford England, have Eley black powder cartridges on their website, £30 a box or £269 a slab. So you might contact the Eley agent here direct and see can your local shop get you in a few boxes.

https://www.justcartridges.com/eley/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

oldgit1897 wrote: »
    Tryed to find some before as i had my eye on a lovely old hammer gun, 60 pounds sterling a box :eek:.

Check the proof marks on the gun. If it hasn't got Damascus barrels there's a good chance it has been nitro proofed. If that's the case light 2 1/2" light loads could be your answer.

• Advertisement

Check the proof marks on the gun. If it hasn't got Damascus barrels there's a good chance it has been nitro proofed. If that's the case light 2 1/2" light loads could be your answer.

Long time ago, that gun is long gone. I do have a nice Dublin made side by side, with no proof marks at all. Damascus barrels, and i do shoot light nitro loads through it.

Advertisement