Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Brew equipment in Dublin?

Options
  • 31-05-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a home brew supplier shop in Dublin?
    I had planned on bottling tomorrow but it seems my usual shop (the Mottly Brew) closed down quite a while back and from a search here (as far as last July)+ online there doesn't seem to be any open anywhere in the city...

Tesco used stock Coopers equipment in the larger stores but not sure if they still do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone know if there is a home brew supplier shop in Dublin?
    I had planned on bottling tomorrow but it seems my usual shop (the Mottly Brew) closed down quite a while back and from a search here (as far as last July)+ online there doesn't seem to be any open anywhere in the city...

Tesco used stock Coopers equipment in the larger stores but not sure if they still do?
    There's no homebrew shops in Dublin anymore unfortunately. Only option is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

And they say Dublin has everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

The Range stores stock some homebrew equipment.

Minimal supplies in "The Range", popped in tonight to see what was on offer. Sugar, barrels, pre-mixed kits, bottles, sanitiser, corks for the wine kits, syphons... That sort of thing.

They had kits for lager, bitter and lager with tequila/lime (Desperados style Mexican beer). 3 different ciders (apple, mixed fruit, strawberry & lime) and two different kinds of wine, one each of red and white.

No yeast or bottle caps or hops or anything like that. Cheap as chips though, €40 for two kits and two kilos of dextrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone know where I could buy a whirlfloc tablet offline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Alpack who are based on Sandyford and online,
    sell bottles and bottle caps.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone know where I could buy a whirlfloc tablet offline?
    Boardsies: What is this "offline" of which you speak? :D

Best bet for small requests like that is to be in your local homebrew club so you can ask a fellow brewer nearby for a dig-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

BeerNut wrote: »
    Boardsies: What is this "offline" of which you speak? :D

Best bet for small requests like that is to be in your local homebrew club so you can ask a fellow brewer nearby for a dig-out.

Or just use gelatin. Available in Tesco, SuperValu etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 _Dan

Minimal supplies in "The Range", popped in tonight to see what was on offer. Sugar, barrels, pre-mixed kits, bottles, sanitiser, corks for the wine kits, syphons... That sort of thing.

They had kits for lager, bitter and lager with tequila/lime (Desperados style Mexican beer). 3 different ciders (apple, mixed fruit, strawberry & lime) and two different kinds of wine, one each of red and white.

No yeast or bottle caps or hops or anything like that. Cheap as chips though, €40 for two kits and two kilos of dextrose.

Hi $hifty,

A couple of years since your post...
    Do you know if the range still sell any homebrew stuff and which store was your picture from.

Many thanks,

Dan

_Dan wrote: »
    Hi $hifty,

A couple of years since your post...
    Do you know if the range still sell any homebrew stuff and which store was your picture from.

Many thanks,

Dan

Howdy, yeah they still do but their stock is very, very limited. They haven't had much deliveries with covid and brexit as they're British owned, so certain things I get from there like dog food take forever to be restocked.

I check out their homebrew section every now and then and last time I checked they had just empty bottles, brewing buckets and sanitiser. It was the branch in Coolock, beside Northside shopping centre so others might have more stock.

I tend to use these guys mostly:

https://www.homebrewwest.ie/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

I have a Muntons midas touch golden ale kit free to go. Exp Jun 2022.
    Free to any willing collector.
    Im in Clonee D15.
    My liver is ruined by all the homebrew so giving up.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement