Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny

Options
  • 31-05-2019 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

How come this is not on tap in most places ?
    it is delicious , like a guinness ale.
    is the a list of places it is available ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You might have some luck if you contact Diageo as it is one of their brands.

In Dublin, tends to be available in the more touristy locations e.g. The Palace on Fleet Street\Temple Bar have it but at €6 a pint!

It's strange Smithwicks Red is everywhere and Kilkenny is rare, as I think Kilkenny is much better.
    Is there more work for the pubs because it's a nitro?

A good pint of Kilkenny is lovely, unfortunately if it's not selling much and you are the first to order it can be disappointing :(

Hasn't really been marketed much here in a long while, needs a new promo as a 'nitro' red ale maybe?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Loads of Temple Bar pubs have it and basically any other touristy pub. It's no more work for the pubs to serve nitro but it's just that the beer isn't really popular with Irish drinkers.

There are other nitro red ales available out there which you might like; Porterhouse Red, O'Haras Nitro Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

+1 on the Porterhouse Red.

Must keep an eye out for the O'Haras Nitro Red on tap...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

O'Neill's of Suffolk Street has it too.

It's weird that even though it's pushed much more outside of Ireland than in (hence the appearance in tourist pubs) you can also buy it in Irish supermarkets. I'm sure they have data to show why this makes sense.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Much prefer nitro beers. I'd like to see more in pubs, something different to Guinness for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

most irish bars abroad that sell guiness nearly always have Kilkenny on tap, maybe it travels well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Probabaly not as popular as Smothwicks to the casual drinker.
    You often find that smithwicks drinkers will not touch anything else.

Red ales are pretty bland as far as tastes go.
    Some of them are fantastic though.
    Brewdog 5am saint being one.
    Kilkenny is a fine red ale.
    Dooliner Irish red is another.

I found o'haras red fairly boring when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I like Dungarvan Copper Coast red ale.

Advertisement