Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from Spiddal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0425/957178-around-ireland-in-a-currach/

Does anyone know how this man got on with the charity row mentioned here.this video came up on another thread and after googling it I think he died in 2014 but no mention if he succeeded in his row or how far he got.
    Does anyone have any information on it.many thanks

I knew rory from his time as a hackney driver in spiddal. yeah he passed away a few years back. didn't know about this but i will see if i can find out some details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Thanks fearruanua.i saw the video and was wondering since how he got on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0425/957178-around-ireland-in-a-currach/

Does anyone know how this man got on with the charity row mentioned here.this video came up on another thread and after googling it I think he died in 2014 but no mention if he succeeded in his row or how far he got.
    Does anyone have any information on it.many thanks

I spoke to a few locals about this and no he didn't complete the trip. I think the aran islands was about as far as he got.
    The piece at the end with him running naked into the sea was recorded at 5am to avoid any onlookers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

fearruanua wrote: »
    I spoke to a few locals about this and no he didn't complete the trip. I think the aran islands was about as far as he got.
    The piece at the end with him running naked into the sea was recorded at 5am to avoid any onlookers!!

Thanks fearruanua.

Advertisement