Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gym open late

• 20-04-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone aware of a gym in Waterford City that is open on Saturday and Sunday after 6pm to the public via pay as you go?

From ringing around, Goldstone, Ben Dunne, Kingfisher, Crystal leisure centre all close around or before 6pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I suspect there isn't any, but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭obi604

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I suspect there isn't any, but I could be wrong

Thanks. I visit every so often and like to go to gym......when kids are in bed etc but hard to find one that’s open to the public after 7pm etc.

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks. I visit every so often and like to go to gym......when kids are in bed etc but hard to find one that’s open to the public after 7pm etc.

this has been one of my annoyances as well for some time now, unfortunately it mustn't be viable to open gyms for loan wolves such as ourselves in the evenings

this has been one of my annoyances as well for some time now, unfortunately it mustn't be viable to open gyms for loan wolves such as ourselves in the evenings

True!

You would imagine there would be a market for these opening hours in a city the size of Waterford.

True!

You would imagine there would be a market for these opening hours in a city the size of Waterford.

yup, ive thought of this to, but there obviously mustn't be, i have found a couple of people that would like this option as well though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 UpintheAir1

it's so hard to find a good gym that stays open late even in Dublin!

Anybody know what kingfisher charge for a drop in / pay as you go?

Anybody know what kingfisher charge for a drop in / pay as you go?

i think its a tenner for the gym and 8 for the pool, but you have constricted access times

• Registered Users Posts: 10 larossa

Hi OP, as far as I know Spirit Gym is open until 9pm Saturday and Sundays, maybe give them a ring to confirm.

larossa wrote: »
    Hi OP, as far as I know Spirit Gym is open until 9pm Saturday and Sundays, maybe give them a ring to confirm.

Thanks. Contacted them. They don’t offer ‘pay as you go’ though.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Contacted them. They don’t offer ‘pay as you go’ though.

thats a pity

thats a pity

tis.

I mainly come to Waterford on the bank holiday weekends etc to visit the out laws :)

Not a great time to be visiting for gym access, even though normal weekends, the hours are early too.

Havent been down in Waterford in a while but am down this weekend for a few days

Usually went to Ben Dunne or Goldstone via 'pay as you go'

Is Ben Dunne closed? Rang number a few times and busy

Any other new gym open in last while that do pay as you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Waterford doesnt seem to be listed on their locations, so I would assume their closed

Spirit on the Quay dont do PAYG perse, but you can use the Flexi membership option and pay €120 for 20 passes to use whenever you want

Thanks for that.

I actually did a google and found this

looks like they are in exact same building as Ben Dunne used to be and they do pay as you go

Advertisement