Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need a tax efficient investment vehicle

Options
  • 29-05-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

A friend of mine has created a petition requesting the government to consider providing better tax efficient investment. He is calling on them to provide a similar long term vehicle such as the ISA in the U.K. so that we can build savings for housing or retirement

If this is something that you believe in, please sign to let the government know that we the public are interested in such a vehicle.

http://chng.it/7gdRC5czmx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colm06

Fairplay! This is sorely needed, the tax rules on investments are painful. I've signed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Make if very simple and promote capital accumulation... do it like we have here in Switzerland: No CGT on investing gains provide your average number of trades per month is less than 10.

Actively campaign with TDs and get on the street. An electronic petition gets you nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

This is the kind of changes we should be forcing our politicians to make

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Jim2007 wrote: »
    No CGT on investing gains provide your average number of trades per month is less than 10.

I'd suggest something more achievable. Like increase the CGT allowance, or reduce the CGT rate after an asset is held x years (say 15), get rid of deemed disposal and income tax regime on ETF etc. ie bring Ireland inline with other countries.

A rule like you are suggesting would pretty much wipe out the governments income from CGT as it would be such a strong incentive. You probably should be trading less than 10 trade each month ANYWAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I have signed it excellent idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 RockDaddy

Great idea, I've signed. Always felt we get short straw here in Ireland. Limited options for saving/investing and taxed to the hilt everyway you turn..Surely a benefit to the ISE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Signed.

Advertisement