Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Goldfinch

Options
  • 29-05-2019 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭

Based on Donna Tartt's award winning novel, this looks beautifully shot. I enjoyed the book.

Stars Nicole Kidman, Ansel Elgort and Jeffrey Wright, directed by John Crowley. Roger Deakins is also involved.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought the book was a mixed bag - powerful in parts (especially the first half) but also very, very silly at times. One of those stories where I’d imagine some parts would be easy to adapt, and others (especially parts of the Amsterdam section) that’d very challenging indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Didn't quite enjoy the book as much as The Secret History (which I imagine would be a more difficult book to adapt), as Johnny said, it was a bit silly at times.

But it had a fair bit of heart, so hopefully it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Really enjoyed the book despite its flaws. Trailer doesn't look great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is it gonna be a sad film?

It looks like it's gonna be a sad film.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have seen it, it is beautifully shot but story probably not suited to the movie medium at all.
    Want to read the book now !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

otnomart wrote: »
    Have seen it, it is beautifully shot but story probably not suited to the movie medium at all.
    Want to read the book now !

Her three books would work a lot better as mini series

Advertisement