Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVA Festival 2019

Options
  • 29-05-2019 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Any boards people going to this?

Surprised there wasn't a thread made for this already as it's probably one of Ireland's best electronic music festivals these days.

fullprogramme-poster-D1-150-724x1024.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah someone posted about it alright in the Forbidden Fruit thread, that's a nice lineup, what's the capacity for that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Black Madonna how is she so big??

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Yeah someone posted about it alright in the Forbidden Fruit thread, that's a nice lineup, what's the capacity for that.

I read somewhere that it was 5000 last year. It always sells out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'm heading up on Friday morning, first time going but have heard good reports from anyone who has been before. Paid ~€150 for my ticket and 3 nights accommodation in Belfast so can't go wrong for that at all.

Stage times were released yesterday:

https://twitter.com/AVAFestivalNI/status/1133433845632651266

The only times I'm annoyed about is Avalon Emerson & MCDE on the same time on the Friday

• Advertisement

That was 1st class.

Lovely crowd with everyone in great form, great set up compared to the likes of Metropolis with no queues to get into the acts.

Ben Sims and Myler in the Boiler Room were immense with the crowds loosing their minds.

Got the bus back to Dublin at 2.30 am. Just surfaced here, broke up, but nothing that something filthy from the chipper wouldn't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Great weekend at AVA. Really well organised festival and didn't have to queue either day to get into the festival site, minimal queues at the bars and for the toilets too, none of the stages were too crowded and everyone I met was absolutely bang on. Music wise, I preferred Fridays lineup on paper but none of them blew me away, was expecting more from Palms Trax especially. Saturday I spent a long time at the main stage and every act was class, Krystal Klear, Brame & Hamo, Hammer, Special Request, Daniel Avery (although was fairly wrecked for him).

Big thumbs up from me anyway, would definitely consider going again and considering the ticket and 3 nights accommodation was around €150 it was good value for money! P.S - keep an eye out for the video of the HAAi boiler room where some young one snots herself behind the DJ when hopping the barrier :pac:

Unreal weekend for me too, I'm just about back to normal tonight. Would more than likely go back again next year as it's so well organised and put together plus the lineup was top class. The only thing I didn't like was the sniffer dogs at the entrance :o Found out later they were just there looking for explosive devices.

Here's a few wee pics and videos I took during the weekend that I just remembered about today. https://www.instagram.com/p/ByP8zuLCmPq/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Yeah got a massive fright from the sniffer dogs, not that anyone in there was on stronger stimulants than Red Bull I am sure.

Advertisement