Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewals

Options
  • 27-05-2019 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all sent off my FCR over a month ago and still haven't heard anything back! Licences are up at the end of the month (31st may) should I hand them in to the local gun store until I get word back.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

technically once your licence runs out your no longer covered i think. id hand them in and have done so before but maybe someone more knowledgeable will comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I know its a bit of closing the gate after.... but its best never to allow your renewal period (3 months) to run short.
    Between leave, courses, court dates and lets be honest, in some cases down right neglect of responsibilities there can be delays in handling /processing paperwork.

I'm lucky my local station is the district HQ so I've one less step in the chain of administration but having said that a previous FO managed to consistently allow licences to go out of date by months on end. Luckly this has been resolved with a better system and individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

I always put my firearms in with a dealer when that happens, just to be on the comfort side, and it can happen even if you apply straight away when you get the renewal.

If your house is broken into and your guns stolen ?
    If you get stopped on the way to the range (where you should not shoot anyway without a cert) ?
    If you get a house visit to check safe etc.

Too many things can go wrong...even if (big if) you are dealing with mostly reasonable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Call into the Guards and ask what's the story with your renewal, that you are under pressure as your licences are about to expire. You could find it's still sitting in a tray in your local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It wouldn't hurt to just give the FAO a call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement