Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV shows you’d love to see return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The Virginian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Spartacus and Vikings,
    Only two shows I really watched from start to finish without missing an episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Ajin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

There was a show called Rome from HBO which was excellent but only made for 2 series

Maybe Quantum Leap, even if it was a reboot, as long as Scott got to be in the first episode passing along the baton as it where, great show.

He could probably do the whole show. Looking at him in Enterprise - years after I used to watch Quantum Leap - it was like the man had not aged a day.
    flazio wrote: »
    Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Agent Carter.

They can keep Iron Fist if they give me back Punisher and keep up with more Jessica Jones. Of the whole Netflix Marvel thing I would rank Iron Fist the lowest. I liked a lot of it - don't get me wrong - it was just the worst of a good bunch for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Spaced, Deadwood, Firefly.

I wouldn't want to see many others as most finished properly and it's usually better to finish on a high if you can.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ed, the show about the bowling alley lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,391 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh Boy!

Quantum Leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭malinheader

On the buses.
    Mind your language.
    Kung fu. new series.
    Minder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Craggo

Keeping up appearances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Rockford files,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The 6 O'clock news. No need for the extra minute for the bells of doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Game of Thrones !

FireFly
    Babylon 5

Tomorrows World... I remember when they demonstrated a new device called a laser and said it was a solution waiting for a problem. (Yeah, I'm that old)

Fred Dibnahs programmes about steam engines, but sadly he passed away.

Robbie Coltrane in "Cracker".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Bewitched.

Out of nowhere my mind made me remember Buck Rogers. Do not think I have thought of that show for any reason in decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

On the buses.
    Mind your language.
    Kung fu. new series.
    Minder.

Perhaps look out for "Warrior"... Based on Bruce Lee's original idea of a Chinese immigrant in 1870's-80's San Francisco...it's quite good ...no shaolin monks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Love these nostalgia threads.

I'd go for The Wonder Years and This Life. Would definitely watch This Life again. Went to watch it on YouTube a while back and for some reason didn't seem to have the very first episode.

They're the only two I can think of for now anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The Unit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Rentaghost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I'd like to see "How it's made" do a spin off called "How it works".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Game of Thrones !

FireFly
    Babylon 5

Tomorrows World... I remember when they demonstrated a new device called a laser and said it was a solution waiting for a problem. (Yeah, I'm that old)

Fred Dibnahs programmes about steam engines, but sadly he passed away.

Robbie Coltrane in "Cracker".

I know Iain Rankin's Rebus has had his own series, but they could definitely reboot that and there's more than enough material. Could even cash in on the Actor who played The Hound's popularity and give him the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Dukes of Hazzard
    Smokie and the Bandit
    The A-Team

Nothing replaced these. 20 minutes of cheap and cheerful TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,339 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Part of an episode of Hands. Loved this programme when it re-ran on RTÉ in the 2000s. Showed an earlier, simpler Ireland and the traditional crafts when time was plentiful and social media, email and the rat race simply did not exist.

I think Youtube is where all the craftwork videos ended, particularly the blacksmithing ones. No set length for the video and you're free to look up whatever aspect of a topic you're interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The mist.
    I thought it had a good storyline and it's a pity it was axed so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Best of the West

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Space Above and Beyond was low budget and hasn't aged particularity well but it was still a brilliant bit of TV and refreshing to have the "good guys" basically get their ass kicked for the whole series.

The Battlestar Galactica remake in my opinion is criminally underrated. It's ending while not game of thrones level of falling off a cliff did leave the rest of it down. But like game of thrones it finished the story so it would be pretty much impossible to bring back.

There was a great show with Kevin McKidd of Grey's anatomy fame called Journeyman. Kind of a time travel thing that I think was just too clever for it's time. kind of like quantum leap but didn't have an episode of the week type story and later episodes wqould tie back to the earlier ones. If I remember right it was a casualty of the writers strike and ended/tied up in pretty much a single season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Happily in the past 25 years there has been a resurgence of crafts, much of it driven arty/hippy types from abroad who’ve come here to settle. It would be great to see a new Hands show for the 21st Century. :)

Would love to see Reality TV rubbish shows go on the major wane but I know that’s
    just not going to happen!

You could get all that craft stuff on YouTube. You don't need to wait for a TV show to be scheduled anymore. There will be endless YouTube videos on hand crafts.

Re reality TV. Love island starts again next week so buckle up for another 3 months of reality TV being in the front of people's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

ziedth wrote: »

The Battlestar Galactica remake in my opinion is criminally underrated. It's ending while not game of thrones level of falling off a cliff did leave the rest of it down. But like game of thrones it finished the story so it would be pretty much impossible to bring back.

Brilliant show. It did peter out a small bit but the ending itself i thought was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

Rubicon & Utopia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Northern Exposure

Advertisement