Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10k potential

• 27-05-2019 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice

Have a PB over 10km of 52.21 from a few years back but my most recent time was 53.56 (3 weeks after injury and alot of physio so not up to my own standards)

Looking like I may have more time to train going forward (possible career break)

What is my potential?

Thanks

MB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

KSU wrote: »
    Looking for some advice

Have a PB over 10km of 52.21 from a few years back but my most recent time was 53.56 (3 weeks after injury and alot of physio so not up to my own standards)

Looking like I may have more time to train going forward (possible career break)

What is my potential?

Thanks

MB

Sub 45 is possible IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

How long is a piece of string?

There is some clown who went from a 1 hour 10k as a fresh newbie to a 10k PB of 32:45 after several years of dedicated, hard training. Undoubtedly there is a fair amount in talent in that one but nobody could have predicted that at the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Looking for some advice

What is my potential?

Thanks

MB

Slow Clap!:D Bravo

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Thanks peeps, also would anyone have a link to good balance exercises? Physio said it is something I need to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

That 53:56 wasn't a good time for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lazare wrote: »

Yeah, I reckon normally sh...the OP would be much better.

To be fair my taper wasn’t great (out at music festivals and nights in town getting legless with the girls)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

To be fair my taper wasn’t great (out at music festivals and nights in town getting legless with the girls)

You just need someone to give you a push.

You just need someone to give you a push.

My boss Leo does a bit of running and said he will sit down with me next week to discuss a plan

To be honest I am someone who needs a bit of supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

How's your humanity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Looking for some advice

What is my potential?

Thanks

MB

I definitely think sub-40 should be possible. A good coach could swing it for you.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

I definitely think sub-40 should be possible. A good coach could swing it for you.

Got professional advice previously but in hindsight it looks to have cost me a big fitness payout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Avoid carrying drinks in both hands. Should help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

My boss Leo does a bit of running and said he will sit down with me next week to discuss a plan

To be honest I am someone who needs a bit of supervision.

My friend Dean thought the same thing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

It'll be up to the judge to decide if you can go sub-50

judeboy101 wrote: »
    It'll be up to the judge to decide if you can go sub-50

Paddy is backing me to do it. Dean offered assistance as well but wasn't enough to get me where to where i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

Paddy is backing me to do it. Dean offered assistance as well but wasn't enough to get me where to where i wanted.

Have ya still got that pic of you in the red dress? Pop it up there, if you pardon the expression, and I'll be in a better position to give you an estimate.

I found the Sue Twomey 10k plans very good or maybe that Dean Karnazes guy.

Swings and roundabouts in the end though I suppose.

Advertisement