Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2019

Options
  • 06-04-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

I am tempted to go to Life Festival in Mullingar this year but don't know much beyond the line-up. Some friends have mentioned that there are a lot of kids on drugs at it, and I don't fit into either of those categories! Anyone going or have any experience of past years? It seems to have a good spread of artists though:

Nina Kraviz
    Sam Paganini
    Bicep
    Skream
    Charlotte De Witte
    Marc Kinchen (MK)
    CamelPhat
    Green Velvet
    Paula Temple
    Kerri Chandler
    REBEKAH
    Denis Sulta
    La Fleur
    Giggs
    Fjaak
    Mella Dee
    MC Unknown
    DJ Seinfeld
    I HATE MODELS
    Ejeca
    Boots & Kats
    KC Lights
    Kettama
    Le Boom
    Rebuke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murmer

I went to it years ago and was in my late twenties.. I was definitely on the older side of the crowd but definitely didn’t feel uncomfortable. Lots of drug taking but not nasty if I remember. Very well organized event.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

There are lots of drugs at it but you'd be hard pressed to find a festival where there isn't. It's usually mellow drugs though so you don't get any trouble at it. I've been going the past 5 years and never had or seen any trouble at it. Met tons of mad ****ers at it though but they were all bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I could be working this, this year, might be working with Silk Road Tents, so setting up the boutique camping areas, it will be my first time at Life since 2015.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

I could be working this, this year, might be working with Silk Road Tents, so setting up the boutique camping areas, it will be my first time at Life since 2015.

You get free admission to it doing that? Would be fairly sound.

Yup its paid work and you get the wristband too, so happy with that, have done the stewarding for a long time now and it can get a bit expensive to be down for the week and just get the wristband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 opiusevents

VonLuck wrote: »
    I am tempted to go to Life Festival in Mullingar this year but don't know much beyond the line-up. Some friends have mentioned that there are a lot of kids on drugs at it, and I don't fit into either of those categories! Anyone going or have any experience of past years? It seems to have a good spread of artists though:

Nina Kraviz
    Sam Paganini
    Bicep
    Skream
    Charlotte De Witte
    Marc Kinchen (MK)
    CamelPhat
    Green Velvet
    Paula Temple
    Kerri Chandler
    REBEKAH
    Denis Sulta
    La Fleur
    Giggs
    Fjaak
    Mella Dee
    MC Unknown
    DJ Seinfeld
    I HATE MODELS
    Ejeca
    Boots & Kats
    KC Lights
    Kettama
    Le Boom
    Rebuke

Serious lineup to say the least that you wouldn't regret going to. You'll always find drugs at any festival in fairness. I would go just to see Kettama, Rebüke, Bicep and Fjaak.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Festival is awesome with a great vibe, but people get utterly wrecked. If you imagine the carnage of a standard sunday festival campsite, that level gets hit by Saturday morning. Good times.

I hope it wasn't too wet for you festival punters on Saturday night. :)

Any reports on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Everyone's in the recovery position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hoboo wrote: »
    Everyone's in the recovery position

I'd say Spicebags and Pizza have been pre-ordered all over the country. Just waiting for the takeaways to open at 5. First reports at about 8pm tonight hopefully.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

still no reports?

Advertisement