Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin pump Minimed 640g

Options
  • 25-05-2019 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Just started on the Minimed 640g on Wednesday. Was sent home with a saline solution until Monday when i will then go live on insulin. Have to change the infusion set today and seem to be having a problem drawing the saline solution into the syringe. Have done everything i am supposed to do but nothing going into it. It seems the syringe doesn't attach properly to the bottles of saline.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

rockchickk wrote: »
    Hi,

Just started on the Minimed 640g on Wednesday. Was sent home with a saline solution until Monday when i will then go live on insulin. Have to change the infusion set today and seem to be having a problem drawing the saline solution into the syringe. Have done everything i am supposed to do but nothing going into it. It seems the syringe doesn't attach properly to the bottles of saline.

I presume you got sorted. But sometimes the reservoir needle doesn't insert all the way into the bottle, meaning the insulin/saline won't draw into the reservoir. There could be a couple of other issues here to be honest.

I've been on the 640G for a year and a half or so, it's a good pump all round.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm in the process of having to pick a new pump to replace my Animas which will shortly be out of warranty/ existence. Seems the options are 640g, or if I can manage to persuade then the Tandem pump.

Any opinions on good/ bad/ annoying points regarding the 640g compared with other pumps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rockchickk

Can't really comment, only started on the Minimed 640g 2 weeks ago. Its my first time on a pump. Finding it a bit daunting. Have to get sensor in a few weeks, I think that may put me at ease when I can see exactly whats going on all the time, rather doing the finger pricks.

Advertisement