Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options
  • 26-05-2019 11:43am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Werewolf - The Hunger Games

1985522f1b_95495470_o2.jpg

As punishment for a past rebellion, the 12 districts of the nation of Panem were forced by the Capitol to select two tributes, one boy and one girl between 12 and 18, to fight to the death in the annual Hunger Games until there is only one survivor. The 74th Hunger Games was won jointly by Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Meelark, after a show of their affection deemed either none or both would win. For the victory tour, they had to convince the nation that their love was real. As a punishment, President Snow announced that the Third Quarter Quell would involve past winners from all districts. However, these games would never conclude......

tumblr_prv1a3rqxn1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

The uprising in the 13 districts has been raging for almost a year. The Capitol has wiped out all but 3 districts. These 3 districts have created strongholds and the war has reached a stalemate. The Capitol has offered to resolve the fate of Panem by holding an Ultimate Hunger Game, winner takes all. If the districts win (village), a new government will be formed to unite all of Panem. If the Capitol win, the rebels will stand down and the Capitol will once again take control of the districts. Either way, the rebels or the Capitol government will pay the ultimate price. Each district and the Capitol will send their best fighters to compete in the Ultimate Hunger Game. 

tumblr_prv0esyfqg1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

Before the start of the games, Alma Coin infiltrated the Capitol Central Control and uploaded a bug into the computer system. She found a way to join the game herself and in the process, deleted the tribute's information and signed them random districts to help her hide more easily. She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks. 

tumblr_prvcmuFDcv1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

Katniss Everdeen: The Mockingjay. Katniss and her family come from District 12, a coal-mining district that is the poorest and least populated district in Panem. She volunteered to replace her sister, Primrose "Prim" Everdeen, after she was chosen to compete in the 74th Hunger Games. She ended up as joint winner of these games, much to the dissatisfaction of President Snow. She was then chosen to participate in the Third Quarter Quell as the only female winner from District 12. Katniss is highly skill with the bow and arrow. She will have an explosive arrow which she can use at any time. If she hits a Capitol, the Capitol BR will be blocked for 24 hours, they will be no longer able to communicate or use their powers during this time. Katniss will also have the chance to find Peeta or Gayle.

Plutarch Heavensbee : Seer. The leader of the rebellion movement in the districts and is the mastermind behind the plan to break the tributes out of the arena in the Third Quarter Quell. As designer of the previous game, he knows a thing or two about the fighters. He can peek a player each night.

Haymitch Abernathy: Priest. A "paunchy, alcohol loving, middle-aged man" who won the 50th Hunger Games. After his victory, he became an alcoholic and has spent almost all of the next 24 years intoxicated. As the only surviving victor from District 12 (one of only two in the history of the Games), Haymitch has been forced to mentor all of its tributes. During this time, he has seen a lot of tributes killed, Haymitch will be given the roles of all the fallen.

Boggs: Bodyguard. Boggs was President Coin's right-hand man. At first, Katniss wrote him off as someone she would dislike due to his close association with Coin. However, he has shown to be honest, witty, and friendly, and Katniss learnt to trust him. Boggs can protect a player each night.

Peeta Mellark: The male tribute from District 12 in both the 74th and after volunteering to take the place of of Haymitch Abernathy, Third Quarter Quell. Peeta has been in love with Katniss ever since he first saw her during elementary school, and declares his love for her during the pre-Games interview of the 74th Hunger Games. Katniss believes this was a ploy to gain the support of sponsors to help them survive the Games. Lacking Katniss's skills with weapons like the bow and arrow, he relies on his charm and physical strength, and teamwork with Katniss, to survive in the Games. He was captured by the Capitol at the end of the Third Quarter Quell and submitted to "hijacking", a process of torture and brainwashing which gives him an instinctual fear of Katniss and effectively turns him into an assassination weapon against her. During the uprising, he was rescued and eventually rehabilitated by the rebels. If Katniss can identify him, he will join her.

Gale Hawthorne: A district 12 resident who is two years older than Katniss, and shares her hunting skill. Through hunting they have become best friends. After the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss returns to District 12, but their relationship cannot continue as it was, since Katniss and Peeta must play the part of lovers due to threats from the Capitol. Gale confesses his love for Katniss after she asks him to run away with her. He and Katniss prepare to fight as it becomes clear that a rebellion is about to begin. However, Katniss, along with Peeta, is selected for the Third Quarter Quell and must leave District 12 to return to the Games. Gale fought in the rebellion when District 12 was destroyed. If Katniss can identify him, he will join her.

tumblr_ps0y3trez11w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

President Coriolanus Snow:  The autocratic ruler of the Capitol and all of Panem. Though seemingly laid-back, his demeanor hides a sadistic and psychopathic mind. He paid Katniss a visit at home and told her he is angry that both she and Peeta were allowed to survive the 74th Hunger Games, as their act of defiance had ignited rebellion in several of the districts. She was too prominent to kill, but he threatened her family and Gale unless she proved to the districts that her act of saving Peeta was merely that of a love-crazed teenager and was not related to any desire to defy the Capitol. As punishment, Snow announced the the Third Quarter Quell would take place, involving previous district winners. After these games were hijacked, he remained in the Capitol during the year long uprising before announcing the Ultimate Hunger Games, in which he will part-take in himself for the Capitol.

Cato: Capitol Bodyguard. The District 2 male tribute in the 74th Hunger Games. He was the leader of the Career pack. He was the only tribute in the 74th Hunger Games, aside from Katniss, who is confirmed to have volunteered for the Games. Cato was skilled with many weapons and proved this by scoring a 10 in his individual training, earning many sponsors in the process. He then took part in the hunt for Katniss during the Games, along with the other career tributes and Peeta. He was brutally injured by genetically modified beasts at the end of the 74th Hunger Games. Thought to have been killed, he was rescued by the Capitol, and recruited to President Snow as his personal bodyguard. Cato can protect a player each night from both attacks and peeks.

Caesar Flickerman: Master of Ceremonies. He has served as the master of ceremonies since the 50th Hunger Games, but his unchanged appearance led Katniss to speculate that he had received extensive surgeries to retain his youth. He also interviews each tribute on live television the night before the Games begin and is known to have an innate ability to relax a tribute's fears so as to have a casual discussion with him or her. President Snow has selected Caesar to team Capitol as he can easily reach out to Capitol Central Control. Each night, Caesar can block a player's power, if they have any. However, he can't block President Alma Coin.

Seneca Crane: Was the Head Gamemaker during the 74th Hunger Games. Snow told Katniss he had him executed for letting both her and Peeta live by locking him in a room containing poisonous nightlock berries to consume. However, in reality, he was banished from the Capitol and given a new identity. Snow has now identified him as a key member of team Capitol as he knows a thing or two about the arena.

SERIAL KILLER

President Alma Coin: Was the leader of District 13. She has a special dislike of Katniss and mentioned that Katniss is more useful to her dead than alive. It is also revealed that she wanted Peeta rescued from the Third Quarter Quell, not Katniss. During the rebellion on Capitol, Coin deliberately placed Peeta in Katniss's squad to endanger Katniss's life, which Snow had warned about for he and Coin had been political rivals. Coin's brutal tactics to overthrow Snow, has lead to her being banished from the districts. She will now stop at nothing to take control of all of Panem.

tumblr_prssuzctCU1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

PLEASE NOTE 
    All players have at least one backroom. 
    The mods may have secrets not mentioned here. 
    Sponsors will view the game from the new Interactive Dead Room, where they will gift players during the game.

Game Rules

1. When you die, you are out of the game unless we instruct you otherwise.
    2. When you are dead, please don’t post or thank posts. Dead people can’t talk!
    3. We encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try to get a vote in as a minimum each day. 2 missed votes may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub, depending on mod discretion. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis.
    4. No cheating. This is game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread while the game is going on.
    5. All players will receive PMs, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread.
    6. All questions can be sent directly to the Mods if you are unsure about anything. Kolido, Barney92 and Sullivlo are the Mods for this game. Feel free to contact any of us any time. We will try answer you as soon as we can so be patient.
    7. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behavior, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.
    8. This is an Anon game. Every player will have a WW alias to play under and this will be PM'ed to you along with any in game role you have been given.
    9. No posting in your regular Boardsie account i.e. no posting as Beakerjoe, post as WW Joey. Slips will happen but they will also be punished so don’t slip. Do what Pter says, not what he does, essentially 
    10. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in an anon account. If you slip and post in your regular boardsie account, don’t delete or edit either. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and the posts should be attributed to your given anon account.
    12. No sharing your lynch passwords or COP accounts with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you. Use the lynch password given to you. Incorrect passwords may invalidate your vote.
    13. Votes will be published after we announce the lynch, as quickly as possible!
    14. Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.
    15. In the event of a tie lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. I.e. Duffy WW and Joey WW get 4 votes each but Joey WW received the lastest  vote, then Joey WW will be lynched.
    16. Munch will take place at 10am and Lynch at 9pm. The first game action will be Monday morning. THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Win Conditions

For a Tributes (village) win: Elliminate all non-villagers in the game

For a Capitol (wolves) win: Elliminate the SK and gain parity with the village

For an SK win: Elliminate the village and gain parity with the wolves, or elliminate the wolves and gain parity with the village.

Lynch form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuB8ItQzV8XO9X0kjCVzxpXvXvPKasWk5AxmlyJc8RA5Uo4w/viewform

Roster:
    Roster:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Frank WW
    Fiona WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Wendy WW
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Let the hunger games begin.

May the mods be never in your favour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Victory shall be ours

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Afternoon all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

No auto-priest = paranoia x1000

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Hello all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Afternoon all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Afternoon.

original.gif

We're gonna find you Capitolites...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

'Sup dudes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Hi everyone.
    Fiona WW wrote: »

Oh good catch. I hadn’t noticed. That’s a right pain.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Victory shall be ours

Victory shall be ours... interesting.

Who are you referring to as 'ours'? Capitol? Village? SK?

Nice ambiguous post...;)
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Afternoon Doris WW. Any further thoughts for us yet?
    giphy.gif

Wolfy first gif Fiona :p

Lack of auto-priest makes me sad:(
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Hello all.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    'Sup dudes!!!

Hey guys.... same question that I asked Doris. Thoughts on the set up? Roles, good uses, etc....??

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Aggressive start Gabs! :D

sullivlo wrote: »
    Before the start of the games, Alma Coin infiltrated the Capitol Central Control and uploaded a bug into the computer system. She found a way to join the game herself and in the process, deleted the tribute's information and signed them random districts to help her hide more easily. She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks.

Extra powers that Alma Coin has that are included in the back-story but not mentioned in the character description, in case anyone missed them

Angus WW wrote: »

Nah, just a few questions for those posting a generic first post ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

No mention of tasks. No mention of no tasks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

giphy.gif

Wasn't jigsaw a.... Serial killer?

He was just misunderstood

I see you Eva - thanking that post...

Thanking that post...

*To the tune of*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

He was just misunderstood

Are... You misunderstood?

• Advertisement

Repeatedly

But not enough to kill

Continuing my trend...
    Angus WW wrote: »

Responded already but it isn't aggressive. This is a game where the more information we have available on thread, the better we can make decisions. I'm poking the drop-ins to respond and give us their early thoughts on what they make of the game, that's all :)
    Eva WW wrote: »
    No mention of tasks. No mention of no tasks.

How does that make you feel Eva? What conclusions would you draw from this?
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Wasn't jigsaw a.... Serial killer?

Jigsaw was indeed a serial killer Riona, are you thinking that Fiona is the SK openly wolfing on thread?

Or is it just a bit of an early game joke?

Right I'll bbl, hopefully more will have posted and I can continue my questions (and maybe get some answers too)

I think it's clear that everyone bar me is evil and obviously those who agree I'm good are not evil

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

*slaps Holly*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Hey guys.... same question that I asked Doris. Thoughts on the set up? Roles, good uses, etc....??

Thoughts on the set up. Well, it's complicated. Think the 'mods might have secrets' mean they definitely do. Not having autopriest will make things interesting. Am not sure how much of the role descriptions are just flavour or hints. I'm curious whether Crane has a power in addition to being wolfy. That about covers it for now.

What are your thoughts Gabs?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    *slaps Holly*

Well I think we see who is evil

Oisin ww is either a wolf or serial killer. I can’t tell you how I know but I do. Most will disbelief me, but I am about 82.3% certain.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Thoughts on the set up. Well, it's complicated. Think the 'mods might have secrets' mean they definitely do. Not having autopriest will make things interesting. Am not sure how much of the role descriptions are just flavour or hints. I'm curious whether Crane has a power in addition to being wolfy. That about covers it for now.

What are your thoughts Gabs?

Roles seem pretty clear to me, it's the extras (in some cases) that are ambiguous.

What I'd really like is a list of anon accounts in the game list though :)

Holly WW wrote: »
    Well I think we see who is evil

Slaps can be happy

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Slaps can be happy

Not when you slap someone from your area

Advertisement