Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Train Sim World,

I find it very relaxing to unwind to. The new DLC packs are fantastic too, I've never bought so much DLC for a console game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I recently picked up Tekken 7 also for some quick fun

Tekken 7 is incredibly good.

It’s even great to watch nevermind play.

Some character dlc in the sale at the moment too I think.

Train Sim World,

I find it very relaxing to unwind to. The new DLC packs are fantastic too, I've never bought so much DLC for a console game before.

I've heard the DLC is just gouging people though. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - What an excellent game, but even more impressive is the voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Resident Evil 1 on PS Classic

First time playing it... damn it's good... blocky-graphics but good ;)

• Advertisement

I've heard the DLC is just gouging people though. Is that true?

Some of it is, the last German one was kind of. I'm loving the Leeds to Manchester route set in the 80s addon and the one released yesterday based around the coal and steel industry again in the 80s.

The West Somerset Railway addon has alot of charm but some may find it very boring as the limit is 25mph just as in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Train Sim World,

I would love a lorry driving sim to play on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Just took down my first Thunderjaw in Horizon Zero Dawn, epic stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've a massive backlog of games to get through. Finished What Remains of Edith Finch there recently, and have moved over now to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I recently picked up Tekken 7 also for some quick fun

I finished the first two the other day. The visuals in Edith Finch are amazing but the storyline is very sad I thought.

Only got the PS4 a few weeks ago as I had been putting it off forever! Have a serious backlog of games I want to get through myself.

Spider-Man (Have it)
    Spyro Reignited (Have it)
    God of War
    The Witcher 3 (Currently downloading. 8.99 bloody bargain!)
    Shadow of Mordor
    The Last of Us (Have it)
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (Have it)

God help me. Too many games, not enough hours in the day :pac:

Spoiled for choice, any recommendations on order to play these in? Not including Spyro as that’s more light playing.

The Last of Us.

Do it. Doooo it.

I'm still looking back on the time I played this with warm memories, as if it was a memorable moment in my life. Very few games ever did this for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Last of Us.

Do it. Doooo it.

I'm still looking back on the time I played this with warm memories, as if it was a memorable moment in my life. Very few games ever did this for me.

I'm due a playback of this, as the first and only time I've played it, it was on the PS3 and I now have a PS4 Pro with a 4K TV. Been meaning to do it for ages, and it's been on sale a few times but I haven't bitten yet.

Currently trying to play Rage 2, Far Cry 5 and Dead Rising 4 FBP. Can't get motivated enough to finish any of them. Also playing bouts of Hong Kong Massacre, which is fancy Hotline Miami, quite entertaining!

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn, fantastic game. Combat feels so damn good in it and great story too. Think I enjoyed it more than GoW which was also really good but HZD was just that bit better. Taking down big enemies is really enjoyable once you get decent gear and can tackle most situations a few different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

skerry wrote: »
    Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn, fantastic game. Combat feels so damn good in it and great story too. Think I enjoyed it more than GoW which was also really good but HZD was just that bit better. Taking down big enemies is really enjoyable once you get decent gear and can tackle most situations a few different ways.

If you've not done the frozen wilds, get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I still reckon my favourite gaming moment was in hzd, just sauntering along, then in the distance you see something. You move closer, you're low levelled and you've just spotted your first thunderjaw, and you think to yourself "well ****, guess i'm never progressing any further in the game than this!"

Then you successfully sneak past it, and get trampled by a pack of chargers. :pac:

Great game! must replay NG+ at some point.

ronano wrote: »
    If you've not done the frozen wilds, get on it!

Have The Complete Edition so Frozen Wilds is ready to launch into. Think I'll take a small break and get back to it in a week or two. Unreal game though. Looks stunning on the Pro too, spent a good deal of time in the tail end of the game taking screenshots mid battle and staring off cliffs :)

I still reckon my favourite gaming moment was in hzd, just sauntering along, then in the distance you see something. You move closer, you're low levelled and you've just spotted your first thunderjaw, and you think to yourself "well ****, guess i'm never progressing any further in the game than this!"

Then you successfully sneak past it, and get trampled by a pack of chargers. :pac:

Great game! must replay NG+ at some point.

I stealthily sneaked past the first Thunderjaw I sighted too. Then I learned the joy of the Shadow Ropecaster with Tear mods and explodey bomb slings.

Good thing is though, even when you have the right gear they can still mess you up bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I reckon I'm in the last third of Days Gone and I'm having a blast with it. Slow to start and it takes a while to build up your skills and get good weapons but it's well worth it. Taking out a horde really gets the adrenalin going.

Started The Left Behind DLC from The Last of Us last night and finished it this evening. It's fairly short but nice little story and a smidgen of action too.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I would love a lorry driving sim to play on a console.

One coming around September apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have an hour each-way drive to work everyday. I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting down to play a driving simulator at night to unwind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

One coming around September apparently.

Hopefully.
    I have an hour each-way drive to work everyday. I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting down to play a driving simulator at night to unwind.

Well, I have a casual interest in heavy goods vehicles so I'd like to play a truck sim. Something I can dip into every now and then.

skerry wrote: »
    Just took down my first Thunderjaw in Horizon Zero Dawn, epic stuff :D

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete is $9.99 on US store as part of Days of Play sale from tomorrow.

I reckon it's aboot time to finally get back into this (sold the copy that came with my PS4 back around 2 years ago for €50 or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Just completed the Titanfall 2 campaign earlier today. I think it's down to €5 on the store, it's probably worth that for the campaign alone. The multiplayer is great if you like some hectic gameplay too.

Finishing off some side quests on God of War now before heading into the final quest. I think I've seen enough to see why it got such great reviews, excellent game.

Picked up Uncharted 4 in the sale so trying to make it through second game before I start it. Just beat the train boss and have to say it was the most ridiculously irritating boss fight I've ever encountered in a video game. Guy has a helmet and a vest on but can somehow absorb 400 rounds in the face while throwing grenades at you. Reticle seems to continue moving around the place despite being on the same train car as him too. Please tell me the rest of the boss encounters aren't as bad.

Disclaimer: all of the above is just my opinion, I'm sure there are some masochists out there that enjoy that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Switching between Borderlands 2 and Far Cry New Dawn at the moment. Really enjoying both, plenty to do and lots of fun, not taking themselves too seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Yakuza Kiwami, got it on plus a few months back but never played it. Good fun. Spent two hours last night in the sega arcade fishing out soft toys. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Playing hellblade senuas sacrifice, had heard good things but finding it repetitive and think I'm not going to finish it. Have just beaten Surtr, does it change much from there at all?

Have started into the Witcher 3 for the first time instead

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I finished What Remains of Edith Finch yesterday after getting it free on PS Plus a few months ago. It was a fairly short game ,probably took me about 2 hours to complete. When I started it, I thought it was just going to be another walking simulator but the way it tells the individual family member stories is really different to any other I've played before. Well worth a play if someone is looking for something short but with an interesting story.

Currently working towards the platinum on God of War and the Valkyries are starting to get really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

My Backlog of games has become a joke at this point, all these are purchased and just sitting there as work has taken my life and any time left is spent playing Destiny 2 or with the missus.

Read Dead Redemption 2
    Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
    God of War
    Spiderman
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Dragon Quest 11? I believe its that one, no idea really about the number
    Metal Gear Survive (I had this awfulness pre ordered, never played and I don't even know if the servers even work anymore)
    Resident Evil 2
    Devil May Cry Remastered Collection then onto 5 hopefully
    Dynasty Warriors 9, again I never said I bought good games
    Persona 5, about 30 hours in but stopped and need to go back

There is more than likely loads more I just cannot think of atm, and I ain't even mentioned the hundreds of PC games I still aint played, damn you steam sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's just too much to play with remasters and sales. I bought the 3 batman games recently I'd played through Asylum on the PS3 years ago and remembered it fondly. Got to a bit right before the final boss and got killed a few times. It was a crappy fight in a room with loads of npcs. Rather than persevere I deleted it in a fit of pique. I'm happy now though as I've been able to use "fit of pique" in a sentence.

I also picked up Bioshock collection. I've tried several times to play the first one but could never get into it. I'm having the same issue now. Still it was only €9. There's just other things I'd prefer to play.

Advertisement