Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 24th May 2019

Options
  • 24-05-2019 9:28pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No thread? anyway here's a copy and paste from RTE.ie

This week's Late Late Show line-up has been revealed, with Irish tenor and actor Colm Wilkinson and author and influencer Rozanna Purcell among the guests.

Having carved out an impressive path in the musical theatre world, Colm CT Wilkinson performed everywhere from Broadway to the West End, as well as representing Ireland in the 1978 Eurovision Song Contest.

Following 30 years in Toronto, he is back on home soil and joins host Ryan Tubridy to take a look back at his impressive career, as well as treating the audience to a song.

Model and influencer Rozanna Purcell spent years basing her self-worth on how much she weighed, but it took her sister Rachel to be diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia for her outlook to change.

Roz and Rachel join Ryan to discuss the events that led to this realisation and why life is for living and not just about a number on the scales.

After weeks of canvassing and debate, the RTÉ/TG4 Exit Poll results will be announced live in studio following the close of polls by David McCulllagh and Páidí Ó Lionaird, reflecting the nationwide voting patterns in the referendum and European and Local Elections.

Following his retirement from club and international football back in March, former Ireland player Jonathan Walters joins Ryan to chat about how the death of his mother at a young age had such an influence on his career, and what his plans for the future are.

Inter-county referee David Gough is the only openly gay referee working with the GAA, and David joins Ryan to discuss what it was like to come out in the sporting world, and what is being done to improve LGBTQ+ education among the wider GAA community.

In August 2012, Shane Grogan enjoyed a day out at the Galway Races, before an unprovoked attack irrevocably changed his life. Shane’s father Joe Grogan joins Ryan to tell the story of what happened to Shane that night, and to urge people to think before they fight.

Music will be from The Coronas and Ryan will be chatting with Danny from the band about their new single and upcoming tour of Ireland.

Watch The Late Late Show, RTÉ One, Friday, May 24 at 9.35pm.

Did you vote today? 60 votes

Yes I did
    0%
    Did I f*ck
    100%
    ednwirelandmaebeesignosticdeisemummonkey9Darth Melkoraz2wp0sye65487TigerbabyFraggle07SchnooksOl' DonielimerickpatDice75Kolomanlocum-motioncc117onformnewmember2natcJP Liz V1 60 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mrs Rock is at the spice girls so im ready for some lighted hearted and funny friday night entertainment....just checking the line up....oh dear...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Roz and Rachel join Ryan to discuss the events that led to this realisation and why life is for living and not just about a number on the scales.

Are they any relation to 1990 Swedish Rap Machine and Lelia K collaboraters Rob n Raz ?

No? Ah well

The poll says...

Jacob Rees-Mogg as the new UK Prime Minister!

• Advertisement

Mrs Rock is at the spice girls so im ready for some lighted hearted and funny friday night entertainment....just checking the line up....oh dear...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Zig a zig aaargh!!

Did I f*ck
    Gay men seem to blink a lot for some reason.

How did this lad get The Blues Brothers as his walk on music?

Zig a zig aaargh!!

Maybe later ;)

''Woke''

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Tubridy: "we congratulate ourselves as a generation for being so woke".... I have a feeling it's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnggg night. :rolleyes:

Did I f*ck
    Tubs looks giant there on the seat besideTiny Tim

Skid X wrote: »
    How did this lad get The Blues Brothers as his walk on music?

I'd like to see the LLS House Band perform at Bob's Country Bunker...

Without the chicken wire :D

Did I f*ck
    Tubridy: "we congratulate ourselves as a generation for being so woke".... I have a feeling it's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnggg night. :rolleyes:

I keep hearing “othered”, the fashion started about a month ago and is being bandied about everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Woke?!?

What the f*ck does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Did I f*ck
    Gay men seem to blink a lot for some reason.
    Yeah your right.

People have a right to privacy ... while it might be nice to have role models playing top level sports coming out it's nobody elses business what direction anyone leans.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Did I f*ck
    Is he going to Metallica in a few weeks?

Did I f*ck
    Yeah your right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinking#Adults

Seems to related to female hormone levels in body, whether natural or “taken”

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Did I f*ck
    He's the one Ref who penalises defenders for that pulling and dragging that goes on in nearly every match.

• Advertisement

I hope the vote results are as exciting as the Dunny On The Wold By Election

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

9/10 cats like to be woked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Did I f*ck
    Will run out of letters soon with all the new groups emerging daily.

Love liverpool, love nivea

Did I f*ck
    Liverpool deserve to win nothing for those awful ads on there own.

Liverpool deserve to win nothing for those awful ads on there own.

All about the money

Give the competition prize to Sonny!

Are these projected results as reliable as the loiveline text poll

• Advertisement

If RTE Sport didn't advertise during the LLS ad breaks, they would have more money to show more sport.

Advertisement