Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying an imported car from England with no log book.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aj150

Hi, bought a car(cat N run & drive) from UK auction not being aware about recent changes. Car has been transported to Ireland last weekend and I called DVLA today- surprise for me…– DVLA are not issuing a Permanent Certificate of Export any longer…
    I’ve heard some people in Ireland were able to get it done with following work around: ask someone leaving in UK to act as a buyer of the car without V5 and request replacement for V5. I am not sure how (if) it works? My mate from UK offered me a help but apparently I don’t know where to start. I have a proof or purchase from copart auction on my name- do I need to officially “sell” him this car so he can request V5 replacement? I am really stuck and any constructive tips will be really appreciated!
    THX!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement