Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volbeat/Baroness and Danko Jones- Fri 4th Oct Olympia

• 15-05-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭

Volbeat will return to Dublin this year on the back of their upcoming 7th studio album 'Rewind, Replay, Rebound'. Alongside special guests Baroness & Danko Jones, they will play the Olympia Theatre on Friday October 4th!

➤ Tickets on sale Friday May 24th at 9:00am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Damn, just got a notification about Baroness playing near me, so disappointing to find out it's as a support act. They're one of the few remaining favourite bands of mine that I haven't seen play live, it's their first time playing in Ireland. Are Volbeat worth seeing? From the one song of theirs I've just listened to, I'd be thinking not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Want to go for Baroness myself, don't mind Volbeat but don't get the popularity of them at all really and I've seen them headline two major festivals wouldn't go if Baroness weren't playing but if I'm paying 40 quid or whatever I think they are good enough to stick around for,could be a good night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw them last year, was a great gig, I remember my skull vibrating after all the double bass, Jon Larsen is some drummer, I've heard of the support acts but know little about them, heard that new song Leviathan today not sure about it, however good/bad the new album is they have a strong back catalogue to tempt me to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Deff going as I always wanted too see Volbeat live and now I have the chance too. The Baxtards never supported Metallica when I saw them and played here when I had other stuff on

Love the rockabilly/metal sound. The singer sounds like James Hetfield in parts

Never heard of Baroness and saw Danko Jones in 2010 supporting GNR that unforgettable night they were average.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Been waiting a long time for Baroness to come over,seen Volbeat last year,so this a great line-up for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hope to get to them again. Saw them at Rock Im Park a few years ago and Olympia last year. Always a great gig. Definitely worth going to see.

Great that Danko Jones will be there as he can join in for the songs he does with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Never heard of Baroness.

Baroness are quite good, imo, kind of inoffensive stoner rock. Catchy. A poor man's Kyuss like every stoner metal band :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Never heard of Baroness
    Think "Diet Mastodon", but in a good way :D

any pre sale codes for this

signed up for the Volbeat fan club but prob too late too get a code

any pre sale codes for this

signed up for the Volbeat fan club but prob too late too get a code

You had to pre order the album to get a pre sale code

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    You had to pre order the album to get a pre sale code

Feck that I'll take my chances in the public sale so

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The presale code offer finished last night anyhow. Those tickets go on sale tomorrow.
    * Each customer ordering the Volbeat Album "Rewind, Replay, Rebound" in at least one format before Sunday, 19.05.2019 23:59, will get one code, enabling access to the ticket pre sale.
    * Pre sale link and code as well as further details will be sent to you on May 20th via e-mail.
    https://volbeat.bravado.de/p1/index.html

Pre-Sale Code available through rebels and angels account on the official website.

Pre-Sale Code available through rebels and angels account on the official website.

Cool got mine there

Bit simple of a password really lol. Tickets on sale at 1pm

Ticket bought

Circle Row D

€50.65 in total inclu BS fees

Ticket bought

Circle Row D

Row D here too

Bit simple of a password really lol.

Saw this and third thing I tried, wasn't too fishy was it! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ticket bought

Circle Row D

Dozyart wrote: »
    Row D here too
    pffft get a room!
    Ground floor standing is the place to be!

pffft get a room!
    Ground floor standing is the place to be!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Went for ground floor. Last year I got ground floor also though and their seemed to be a section/pit sectioned off for the front section. Were there separate tickets for that section? Didn't see the option to buy them and don't remember seeing it last year either.

• Advertisement

Went for ground floor. Last year I got ground floor also though and their seemed to be a section/pit sectioned off for the front section. Were there separate tickets for that section? Didn't see the option to buy them and don't remember seeing it last year either.

Usually wristbands granted for there on a first come first served, however like this instance they have VIP packages for sale, people availing of those will certainly be afforded that. Can't see many taking those up here though tbh, in short if you really fancy it chance queuing slightly before doors but understanding you've no guarantees.

Usually wristbands granted for there on a first come first served, however like this instance they have VIP packages for sale, people availing of those will certainly be afforded that. Can't see many taking those up here though tbh, in short if you really fancy it chance queuing slightly before doors but understanding you've no guarantees.

Ya that's fair enough I suppose, cheers. To be honest the view is grand and you are still pretty close no matter were you stand.

Very impressed with Volbeats new album

Been waiting years to see them live. Roll on October

Its a nightmare trying to find a decent hotel cheap for this ???

Would like to stay up to save the bother of rushing around after the gig to catch buses etc but Hotels are just too expensive

edit- got the Harding Hotel for €109 for the night. not bad price and great location

Tour kicked off last night in Newcastle

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/volbeat/2019/o2-academy-newcastle-newcastle-england-639c36c3.html

Meh setlist but they do have a strong back catalogue

'We’re sad to announce that due to illness, we will have to postpone our show in Bristol tomorrow, Saturday the 28th at the O2 Academy.

We will announce when we are able to reschedule as soon as we can, but in the meantime our friends in Baroness and Danko Jones will still be coming to the O2 Academy to play a show for you on Saturday! All tickets will remain valid for both Saturday’s show with Baroness and Danko Jones as well as the new Volbeat date when we are able to reschedule.

Big thanks to Baroness and Danko for stepping up to the plate to bring the rock to Bristol tomorrow, and we will see you as soon as we can!'

Really hope whoever's is sick gets better before next Friday

Will the gigs go ahead ??

This storm could stop the trucks travelling over from the UK ??

Storm is Thursday isn't it, trucks will be off to ferry after tonight's show finishes.

Storm is Thursday isn't it, trucks will be off to ferry after tonight's show finishes.

Thursday night/Friday morning

I'll cry if its cancelled Friday been waiting years and have a hotel/train booked

****ing storms

https://www.thejournal.ie/dun-laoghaire-pier-harbour-closed-weather-wet-wind-4832209-Oct2019/

• Advertisement

Sadly I can't make the concert this Friday. Absolutely raging, I'm just hoping this gig and the one last year doesn't mean a long wait for another Irish concert with two so close.

I have two standing tickets available if anyone is interested. I know they are still on sale so willing to let the two go for €80. They cost €103 all in.

Advertisement