Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 6 "The Iron Throne" - Spoilers post 2 forw

Options
  • 18-05-2019 6:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Note anything after this post may contain spoilers for the episode; do not read or open this thread until you have watched the whole episode!!!

This is ONLY about the specific episode! No information from any other source but listed below are allowed to be posted but book related information is allowed as well as the lore from the DVDs. Anything relating to interviews or articles directly related to this episode can be posted with a spoiler tag.

The "Next Episode" and any speculation on what may come in the future episodes should be put in the appropriate stickied Season 8 speculation thread; any funny pictures from the episode should be posted in this thread until Wednesday rather than the funny picture thread.

Note - No spoiler tags required for the current episode in this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Sky GOT team taking a social media break for 24 hours
    https://twitter.com/skyatlantic/status/1130065495741345792

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Oh I know these are shamelessly stolen from Reddit but they're good uns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I googled favourite to win the game of thrones out of interest earlier, I didn’t think it would be that much of a spoiler but it doesn’t take a genius to work out the ending looking at the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Huge night

Only started following since season 5 and loved every min of it. Enjoy the night great memories

What Is what is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Nachos and tea all ready, hoping it won't disappoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Waking at 2 seemed a great idea yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

Where were all those dothraki and unsullied during the battle of winterfell? All on annual leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Where were all those dothraki and unsullied during the battle of winterfell? All on annual leave?

They were all guarding the far side of the Winterfell.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Feckin hell, j*$u$ Chr*$t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Season 2: Dany walks into a throne room filled with Snow. Before she can sit on the throne, is distracted by Drogo and her child and says to them “Maybe I am dead and just don’t know it yet.”

Wow.

What the hell now?!! Is that not the end?!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Brann? Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really, really wanted this to land on its feet but this is disappointing.

No one had an objection?

Like? No one?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No one had an objection?

Like? No one?

Sansa had to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Disappointing plot so far. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

What a load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I've defended this Season up until now, but seriously.........this is a pile of absolute w@nk.

A committee? Not the ending I was really looking forward to.

And nobody took minutes so Bran isn't really legitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

At the very end of all of this the last shot better be of Bran on the throne - and his eyes glow blue momentarily. Then smirks like the Night King did in episode 3.

• Advertisement

I don’t know how to feel right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’ll definitely need to sleep on that Bran bit...

Sansa had to a point.

So Tyrion walks in, a prisoner, filthy and disheveled, upturns a millennia of tradition, picks Bran, and everyone just says "yeah, sure why not.."

You'd think Robyn would have a say, or whoever's running Dorne now.

Edit: if there's still a nights watch, what the hell is Sam doing there? He can't hold any title.

Also, why is the nights watch still there? The wildlings got annihilated by the WW, who are gone themselves. Who are they guarding against?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don’t know how to feel right now

Pretty empty. That's how I feel. Favourite TV show ever and this is the follow through fart of an ending it gets.

Bran isn't even Bran anymore. They voted to let a mythical crow rule over them. This doesn't seem like a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lolzies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I actually do like Bran on the throne in the end, but I feel like this season was so rushed that it didn't bring us there in a way that felt authentic. My problem with this season hasn't been what's happened so much as not having had the space for these plot points to develop organically. It feels like a lot was skipped over so that by the end of it we're going, "Okay...???"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That was....mostly awful. I am actually disgusted. I have to be up in less than 4 hours but I said "It's gotta be a good end". It's not even bitter sweet, it's just bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I feel dirty after watching that. Filth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Load of bo**ocks that was, and i've defended this season to anyone who's asked about it.

Didn't need a Disney ending but that was utter drivel.

Advertisement