Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Robert Forster (Ex Go Betweens) Dublin and Cork May 19th and 20th

• 27-11-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Looking forward to this one. The Go Betweens were probably one of the best bands never to make it. Seen him at Whelans a few years back and he was great.

ROBERT FORSTER AND BAND LIVE AT THE BUTTON FACTORY – DUBLIN - 19TH MAY 2019 & CYPRUS AVENUE – CORK – 20TH MAY 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Will be at this for sure

Will be at this for sure

Will be at this for sure

Only meant to say it once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Only meant to say it once

Groundhog Day eh needleneck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

Got the go betweens documentary today in tower. So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭mosstin

Got the go betweens documentary today in tower. So far so good

Really liked it but there were some moments which were remarkably cheesy - getting Robert to gaze back into the camera as they began to look back at the band's early days made me retch. Also, the use of two actors to represent the two seemed ridiculous.

That said, the interviews were excellent and contained lots of little nuggets about the various characters involved with the group. Best enjoyed having read Robert's book really.

Sunday night Button Factory.

Sold out.

Anyone know what time hes likely to be on-stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭mosstin

Playing a solo gig in Whelan's next week, did I hear?

Edit: No, he plays again in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

bullpost wrote: »
    Sunday night Button Factory.

Sold out.

Anyone know what time hes likely to be on-stage?
    Doors open at 7:30.
    Robert Forster on stage at 8:15.
    This is via Aiken promotions tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TonyR

I've 2 tickets I'm unable to use if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A lot of middle aged men very happy after that. Great stuff. He's got himself a nice little band there. Go-between's stuff sounded great.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A lot of middle aged men very happy after that. Great stuff. He's got himself a nice little band there. Go-between's stuff sounded great.

Great gig. They are in for a treat down on Leeside.

The Clarke sisters was the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Stillill42

bullpost wrote: »
    Great gig. They are in for a treat down on Leeside.

The Clarke sisters was the highlight for me.

Yeah, that was great. Dive for your memory probably the one for me.

Brilliant gig. Setlist was top class

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Brilliant gig in Cypress avenue tonight

Came on bout 8:15 played until 10pm with two encores

Robert was in fine form and glad to have finally made it to Cork after 32 years of asking!!!
    Set list was brilliant, some highlights ...Demon Days, Man O' sand to Girl O' sea, life has turned a page and Inferno

He even had a meet and greet after the gig with merchandise at a decent price ....vinyl for €20!

Robert come back to Cork soon

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Seen him in London (the set list from London & Dublin were identical) last week and was genuinely one of the highlights of the year, best gig I've seen since David Byrne last year I think.
    Grinning from ear to ear after it, love the comment about lot's of happy middle aged men, so spot on. My Mrs observed that 80% of the audience were men above 40, she described it as a middle aged nerd fest!!!

endabob1 wrote: »
    Seen him in London (the set list from London & Dublin were identical) last week and was genuinely one of the highlights of the year, best gig I've seen since David Byrne last year I think.
    Grinning from ear to ear after it, love the comment about lot's of happy middle aged men, so spot on. My Mrs observed that 80% of the audience were men above 40, she described it as a middle aged nerd fest!!!

My missus bowed out for that reason and I went with a friend instead. He said to tell my missus she was wrong, there was at least 3 women present :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement