Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Skid X wrote: »
    You are clearly only hear to rant about Irish Radio and the Irish Public.

Clearly? You're off your head mate.

If you really think JJ72 and Kodaline are comparable to the poor cover versions performed by the Voice of Ireland then you really are missing the point.

If you think I was trying compare the talent of Kodaline and JJ72 to Voice of Ireland contestants, than you're the one that's missed the point. I honestly don't think you're reading what I'm saying. No Irish radio station gave a ****e about Kodaline until the BBC playlisted them. How does that sound like I'm comparing talents. You're hearing what you want to hear. :rolleyes:
    500,000 Voice of Ireland Viewers.

Less than 500 sales.

The figures speak for themselves

I am finished arguing with you.

Thank christ for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

You are clearly only hear to rant about Irish Radio and the Irish Public.

I have given you several examples of Reality Show contestants who have done well in the charts without significant airplay. If you really think JJ72 and Kodaline are comparable to the poor cover versions performed by the Voice of Ireland then you really are missing the point.

500,000 Voice of Ireland Viewers.

Less than 500 sales.

The figures speak for themselves

I am finished arguing with you.

Ironically enough, Kodaline came from Your a Star. Probably the only act that has had success from an Irish show.

It's mostly their own work that paid off for them, it wasn't that show that did it for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Kodaline had an Irish number one back in 2007 when they were known as 21 Demands, long before the UK heard of them.

The finalists lack of radio play has nothing to do with them being Irish. It's simply to do with them coming from a crap reality talent show and releasing covers that are far inferior to the originals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Kelly had a baby boy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This proves how irrelevant the Voice of Ireland programme is.
    ‘Voice of Ireland’ winner fails to chart in Top 30 chart week after victory

THE Winner of this year’s ‘Voice of Ireland’, Keith Hanley, has failed to chart in the top 30 with his winner’s single.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/voice-of-ireland-winner-fails-to-chart-in-top-30-chart-week-after-victory-29243389.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The competition is good t.v. and nothing else.
    Not to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

The competition is good t.v. and nothing else.
    Not to be taken seriously.

I think that's what it boils down to in the end. Something to fill RTEs schedule for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who would seriously buy Keith's single Baggin, in fairness it was pure sh*te

Own up now if you did buy it, we can try and see if ye can get a refund :P

LizT wrote: »
    Kelly had a baby boy :)

Michael Bernard weighed 9lbs 8oz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael Bernard weighed 9lbs 8oz
    Congrats to Kelly and Hubby on the birth of Michael Bernard. Thanks, Liz, for that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Delighted to hear Kelly had her baby. Very best wishes to her and her oh.

According to Irish Mirror Kelly is getting her own reality show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Lemme guess. On TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's in the Herald too:

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/kelly-didnt-win-the-voice-but-gets-new-tv-show-29257240.html

*sigh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can't help but make comparisons to the UK version again - the BBC is far more likely to bring back Eldorado than it is to commission a spin-off of this sort...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21688913

No disrespect intended towards Kelly, BTW.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Lemme guess. On TV3?

My Big Fat Gypsy Voice :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Kelly's reality show is on RTE 2 tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very sad to read about the sudden passing of Andrew Mann at such a young age . Have heard him sing acoustic a good few times and he was very talented.

RIP.

That’s so sad, his girlfriend, died a few months ago. They have a two year old. God love them

anewme wrote: »
    Very sad to read about the sudden passing of Andrew Mann at such a young age . Have heard him sing acoustic a good few times and he was very talented.

RIP.
    That’s so sad, his girlfriend, died a few months ago. They have a two year old. God love them

RIP

That is tough on their kid

• Advertisement
Advertisement