Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Is it just me or did her portrayal of Swords sound like she was in ballybough on a bad night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

gman2k wrote: »
    I'm a proud Catholic and so are most of my family and friends. They are all warm loving compassionate people, who contribute to their community and do volunteer work not judgemental at all. Don't know where you are meeting your Catholics that's if you even know any.

The fact that they are Roman Catholic has no causative effect that they are warm loving caring compassionate people.
    Morality or knowing right from wrong does not come from any religion, despite what they have brainwashed you into thinking.
    I will acknowledge that the church has helped to provide services in this country, in education, in elder care, in intellectual disabilities, in medical.
    But this is because the state abdicated its responsibilities which is a national disgrace.
    The power that bishops and cardinals held over the politicians is a national disgrace.
    And all these services were provided within a religious ethos, that over rode the actual role that should have been carried out.
    That all the church gave its primary allegiance to some elderly celibate bloke in Rome and not to the state is telling,.and that they have had to be dragged screaming and kicking to account is telling.
    It's a common narrative amongst devout RC members in Ireland that abuse survivors were "only in it for the money".
    So forgive me if I'm sickened when you and your type try to dance on a pinhead over legalistic interpretations of whether a concrete tank was a septic tank.
    The FACT is that babies and children were put into it, without a so called "Christian burial" by the so called moral guardians of Ireland. Makes my blood boil that these organisations still have control in this country.

Right (throws grenade in). Sounds almost like Sharia Law, only here they didn't kill fallen women, they got them out of sight into laundries, and gave away the babies.

Kept contraception out of the hands of poor followers, leaving some in dire poverty with 10 kids.

If you look at the lie of the land across Europe ahead of the elections, there's a growing trend towards populist, right wing politics. Pro-family, anti-immigration, conservative policies. Why should Ireland be any different? If it wasn't Gemma it'd be someone else saying it.

What is it with people on the right/pro life wanting to kill people who don't agree with their views

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110202184&postcount=97

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110202411&postcount=117

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Just for a moment to disregard the fact that she is an absolute crackpot, it was interesting to see a more human side to GemTrails, interacting with some Tallaght kids from presumably African backgrounds in her latest output. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFRkRwU-vo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

gman2k wrote: »
    But this is because the state abdicated its responsibilities which is a national disgrace.

Much more to it than that.

The newly independent state was impoverished, most industry was in NI, most of the 26 counties depended on agriculture and the whims of what the UK was willing to pay for food exports. They had us over a barrel and could drive a very hard bargain (and they did, right up to our EEC entry.)

It had also just been through an independence struggle and a civil war and had a lot of damage to its economy as a result of both.

By far the wealthiest organisation in the country was the RCC, yet the RCC ensured that the state funded it and not the other way around. The state paid for the nuns to imprison women and children in "homes" and slave camps. The state paid for an "education" system which was little more than a system of religious indoctrination.

But the people were so deluded they wouldn't vote for any politician who might stand up to this.

I remember my devout catholic mother saying this guy was quite a rebellious sort but a decent lad all the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seán_MacBride
    On his ministerial accession, McBride sent a telegram to Pope Pius XII offering:

"...to repose at the feet of Your Holiness the assurance of our filial loyalty and our devotion to Your August Person, as well as our firm resolve to be guided in all our work by the teaching of Christ and to strive for the attainment of a social order in Ireland based on Christian principles".

If that was what counted as rebellious, what the actual F did we bother fighting the Brits for? We just swapped one foreign oppressor for another.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

We are the church

Hahaha that was the biggest lie I was ever told in school.

I mean, the existence of god stuff etc. is at least debatable, but it's an objective fact the laity have zero input into how the RCC is run, who is in charge of their parish never mind higher up, what the rules governing it are or where the money goes (and don't even have the right to find out where the money goes.)

Just sheep to be fleeced.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

If you look at the lie of the land across Europe ahead of the elections, there's a growing trend towards populist, right wing politics. Pro-family, anti-immigration, conservative policies. Why should Ireland be any different? If it wasn't Gemma it'd be someone else saying it.

So, is she riding a wave of what she thinks is popular or will get her attention, or does she actually believe in lizard people and chemtrails and anti-vax and all the other rubbish she spouts?

I don't know which is worse but it's not a good look either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The report from the Commission of Investigation is damning:

"The combination of an institutional boarding home and commingled interments of juvenile remains in a sewage treatment system is a unique situation, with no directly comparable domestic or international cases." ~ https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/mother_and_baby_homes/20171212MBHExperttechGroupReport.pdf

(See - quote and source. It's not hard.)

It's not hard, unless you're intentionally post bullsh*t that you know is untrue. Then it's harder to link to it, as evidenced a few posts below your one that I am currently quoting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    If your argument is "It wasn't a sewage tank, it was just a tank where stewage was stored", I won't be taking your opinions on moral compasses onboard, you don't have one.
    I'll copy and paste an almost identical post I made earlier today, about another one of the alt-right lads on here who was claiming penetrating a woman in her sleep, unprotected against her express wishes, is not rape if she woke up.

They are nothing if not consistent, which is to be expected at this point:

Of course he does[n't]. For literally no other reason than he views Gemma O'Doherty as on "his side". Welcome to the modern "alt right" which that poster is very much aligned with. This is another in a long string of examples of how it is an extremist cult... [throwing dead babies in sewage systems] is ok, but only if they do it. I'm far more surprised that you and ohnonotgmail ever expected any better from them.

So un-consensual, unprotected sleep with someone in their sleep is not rape, and throwing dead babies into a sewage system is perfectly ok... and if anything the perpetrators of this are the real victims. That is today's message from the AH alt-right brigade.

• Advertisement

Those posts are despicable even by the low standards of that sort.

Those posts are despicable even by the low standards of that sort.

Most likely they were also participating in the thread regarding the Pakistani taxi driver who sexually assaulted a number of passengers calling for hIm to be deported as a rapist.

I think the taxi driver in that case should be deported personally. But I don't see it as being anything else than hypocrisy to deny that its sexual assault/rape when it's done by someone who shares your personal beliefs and then call for blood when someone from a different race/religion does it. Same as pro life people advocating murdering anyone who has had an abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Just for a moment to disregard the fact that she is an absolute crackpot, it was interesting to see a more human side to GemTrails, interacting with some Tallaght kids from presumably African backgrounds in her latest output. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFRkRwU-vo

Jaysus, doesn't take long for the racists to come out. First sighting of a black kid, and the comments filled up with white supremacist and racist ****. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

The last 2 referendums we had passed by landslide. Our last election our left leaning president won by landslide. I’m not seeing any trend here

h2005 wrote: »
    The last 2 referendums we had passed by landslide. Our last election our left leaning president won by landslide. I’m not seeing any trend here

It's just some posters wet dream that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Place didn't look too bad at all. Housing stock is modern snd looks in reasonably good condition, nothing a new rubbish bins and a bit of a community clean-up wouldn't sort.
    Pure hypocrisy from Gemma though.
    Makes videos lambasting immigrants, proclaiming the fall of Western civilization as we know it, then is nice as pie to the very same youngsters she previously spewed vitriol and bile about. "Keep studying your books" etc, instead of "Get out of our country"!
    Also interesting that a black girl can speak on camera about things she would like to happen to improve peoples lives locally, while the traveller lads duck behind the caravan to keep their faces off camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

h2005 wrote: »

It will be a major issue in the coming years when the invasion begins to take hold in our country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It will be a major issue in the coming years when the invasion begins to take hold in our country

I really hope you're a teenager tbh cause to be a grown man filled with the amount of racist propaganda that you spout on the site. It's neither a sign of maturity or intelligence...

batgoat wrote: »
    I really hope you're a teenager tbh cause to be a grown man filled with the amount of racist propaganda that you spout on the site. It's neither a sign of maturity or intelligence...

No it's a sign of having common sense something which the left lack. I simply love my country and I want to protect it for mine and future generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What "invasion"?

• Advertisement

No it's a sign of having common sense something which the left lack. I simply love my country and I want to protect it for mine and future generations.

Being racist doesn't have anything to do with love for your country, it's often spouted as the reason but that's just bull.

What "invasion"?

The third world invasion happening in many European countries. Erdogan is telling Turks living in Germany to out breed the Germans. Thankfully many countries in Europe are waking up to this by voting in nationalist politicians.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Being racist doesn't have anything to do with love for your country, it's often spouted as the reason but that's just bull.

Playing the race card how original. I want Ireland for the Irish there is nothing racist about wanting to preserve ones homeland for the indigenous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

From fear you think you are alone, Ireland south has its own whack jobs standing. Cream among them is Professor Dolores Cahill. Don't forget the title Professor.
    Was at the Town Hall Meeting of The Irish Examiner in Cork this evening. At every opportunity this woman told us she was a scientist. But then she had done everything, worked in the EU, started a business in Germany, was an expert on any subject.
    She's a scientist and there is no global warming.

Playing the race card how original. I want Ireland for the Irish there is nothing racist about wanting to preserve ones homeland for the indigenous.

Ironic, normally harder to have someone admit it.

You love your country, fair enough.
    But your country right now is a very different one to what it was like in the early 1980's, and even that was very different to what it was like in the 1950's.
    So thinking you can "freeze frame" the country as it is right now never works.
    We evolve and change all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    You love your country, fair enough.
    But your country right now is a very different one to what it was like in the early 1980's, and even that was very different to what it was like in the 1950's.
    So thinking you can "freeze frame" the country as it is right now never works.
    We evolve and change all the time.

By evolving do you mean just generally going forward? In time.....

You know; progressing. You don’t think old Ireland as we knew it might actually be devolving in any way per chance.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    By evolving do you mean just generally going forward? In time.....

You know; progressing. You don’t think old Ireland as we knew it might actually be devolving in any way per chance.

I mean changing, generally to a better state .
    "Generally going forward? In time"
    Well, we are generally going forward in time anyway, regardless of whether or not any social change takes place.

And no, we are not devolving. Living standards and opportunities for citizens have never been better than they are now.
    "Old Ireland" is a term beloved of dewy eyed balladeers in tourist pubs, Walter Mackin novels and religeous fundamentalists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

How can people not to think there is something fishy about what is being pumped into out skies

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Pretty much exactly what racism is.

The persequetion of one race in the belief that ones own race is better than another.

To follow your ideology to the nth degree the country would be broke, due to the aging "indeginuous" population and the pension crisis facing us.

The Irish "indeginuous" race would eventually die out as we are not reproducing at rates to refill its numbers.

So be careful what you wish for.... Your racist utopia isn't exactly the heaven your see it to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement