Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped €485 at the BOI ATM across from Debenhams

Options
  • 15-05-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.

It was in a brown envelope.

Have rang the guarda lost and found but it closed at 5.

Long shot but if anyone finds it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Man, that sucks :(
    Hope someone honest found it and drops it into the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Hope there's honesty somewhere.
    I'd ask if cctv captured the pickup but I'm not sure they have committed a crime in keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Don't give up too quickly,a bloke dropped 2k in an envelope in my local town on Monday last and it was handed into a local shop,there is still people with a conscience around

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

flazio wrote: »
    I'd ask if cctv captured the pickup but I'm not sure they have committed a crime in keeping it.

I believe it is a crime if they do keep it: Road cones, street signs, flower boxes, rubbish bins .. and wage packets ... all belong to their owner even if they owner isn't there looking after them at that minute.

Let#s hope it's handed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Worth checking with the bank if anyone dropped it into them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

WELL, ANY LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

flazio wrote: »
    I believe it is a crime if they do keep it: Road cones, street signs, flower boxes, rubbish bins .. and wage packets ... all belong to their owner even if they owner isn't there looking after them at that minute.

Let#s hope it's handed in.

Larceny Act 1916, section 2(d)
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1916/act/50/enacted/en/print.html
    includes the concept of theft by finding, not sure how much of it us still in force as parts if it have been repealed.

The terms of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001 are sufficiently flexible to bring this type of conduct (keeping money found) within the reach of the criminal law.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/how-you-could-convicted-theft-9936596

Hope someone dropped it into the bank, local shop or garda station and you get it back.

Advertisement