Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quilmes beer in dublin

Options
  • 20-06-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i can buy quilmes in dublin, preferably take away/off license. Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

oohlala wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can buy quilmes in dublin, preferably take away/off license. Thanks!

Oddbins certainly used to carry it so they should be your first port of call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

The Carry Out Off Licence branches in Dublin might have it... I got some today in Carry Out Tullamore.. Its not a bad beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

If you want a bar, Porterhouse Central has it

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Anyone know anywhere to get this in Dublin (bottles)??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DrinkStore have it. I'd say most of the specialty beer offies do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I bought it in O'Briens in Limerick only a month back, so i would presume their Dublin stores would currently have it in stock too.

Drinkstore are out of it but the owner reckons they sell some in other off-licences in Dublin, but he's not sure where.

I'm looking for some asap (for Saturday).

Does anyone know any other places?

O'Briens doesn't seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Try any Carryout as I have seen them there.

Redmond's of Ranelagh and Deveney's of Dundrum would be my next ports of call.

Just tried those three places. Still no luck. I'll guess we'll have to make to with Budweiser or something!!

• Advertisement

I'll guess we'll have to make to with Budweiser or something!!
    :confused: Why are Quilmes and Bud the only options? There are loads of nice beers in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Hosting some Argentines or something? Quilmes ain't that great over there so can't imagine it being any better here. I'd love to find some Toña in Ireland though.

BeerNut wrote: »
    :confused: Why are Quilmes and Bud the only options? There are loads of nice beers in the shops.

I'm sure there are, but I haven't tasted that many beers so I wouldn't know! Quilmes and Peroni are my two favourites, there probably are better though.

Hosting some Argentines or something? Quilmes ain't that great over there so can't imagine it being any better here. I'd love to find some Toña in Ireland though.

Yes. And they love Quilmes! As do I!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Drinkstore are out of it but the owner reckons they sell some in other off-licences in Dublin, but he's not sure where.

I'm looking for some asap (for Saturday).

Does anyone know any other places?

O'Briens doesn't seem to have it.

As I mentioned above, Oddbins often keep it so I'd try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kobobrc

carry out in tyrrelstown d15 has it in stock, saw it there today
    good luck:)

Drinkstore and Redmond's have stopped selling Quilmes as the supplier has gone bust.

If anyone knows of anywhere else to get it, please let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Last place i seen it was Mace on the South Circular Road, just opposite the entrance to James' Hospital. Really good selection there actually which is very surprising

Quilmes is back on sale in drinkstore for anyone that likes it. The previous supplier had gone out of business recently and it was impossible to get any. It's back now. :)

Back on sale in Drinkstore for anyone who is interested! Expensive though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know you want off licences but if you are hankering for Argentinian food and drink, Picaderos in Maynooth will tick all your boxes, beer included.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

I'm looking for this beer. If anyone sees it again can you post it on there please ?

It seems impossible to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Bravestaar wrote: »
    I'm looking for this beer. If anyone sees it again can you post it on there please ?

It seems impossible to get.

Sorry to wake up a sleeping thread but I saw cans of Quilmes in O’Briens, Tallaght at the weekend. I am sure your local branch can get it in if it isn’t already in stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Jaysus its been a while since I had one of those. Must look it up again to see if I can find some close to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Four Corners are now distributing bottles and cans so it should be relatively easy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Sorry to wake up a sleeping thread but I saw cans of Quilmes in O’Briens, Tallaght at the weekend. I am sure your local branch can get it in if it isn’t already in stock.

Is there an O'Briens in Tallaght? You mean Citywest?

Noticed it in the South Circular Road Mace yesterday.

I have only seen this. I'll check O'Briens. I have never seen cans, only bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

Sorry for posting in an old thread.

I am looking for a bit of this stuff if anyone has seen it anywhere..

• Advertisement
Advertisement