Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wildlands has just got its Xbox One X enhancement.

Its jaw dropping. 4K with massive increase in draw distance and clarity. Here is what the devs said referencing the update.
    Ubisoft wrote:
    In this update, we bring you special improvements for Xbox One X! Bringing up 4K, HDR enhancement and faster loading times, your game will be feeling better than ever! We hope that with this update, playing Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands on your new console will be an especially amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Whats this like as a single player? Im an antisocial gamer, so tend to only play single player campaign mode. I'm a fan of open world games, GTA, Far Cry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

budhabob wrote: »
    Whats this like as a single player? Im an antisocial gamer, so tend to only play single player campaign mode. I'm a fan of open world games, GTA, Far Cry etc.

Personally, it was fun for a while but then got repetitive and in turn boring. Although id probably find that with GTA and far cry as well so maybe someone else can chime in.

Has anyone played the new pvp game mode, disruptor yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

budhabob wrote: »

Play it with no hud,markers [basically shows where enemies are at all times once you tag them- which totally ruins the game to me] and hardest difficulty and you have yourself a fine slow paced tactical shooter in an open world.
    Its a real challenge playing it this way, if you choose not to its just a dumbed down hold your hand game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Dcully wrote: »
    Play it with no hud,markers [basically shows where enemies are at all times once you tag them- which totally ruins the game to me] and hardest difficulty and you have yourself a fine slow paced tactical shooter in an open world.
    Its a real challenge playing it this way, if you choose not to its just a dumbed down hold your hand game.
    Great. That sounds like a game for me (the first bit)

• Advertisement

This gameplay will explain what its like for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=JqPnApRn4dw

If I get to be the predator anyone I am playing with will have to endure constant repeats of "over here, over here"

edit woohoo :) Not playable tho :(

DQ8Q7U_W0AA_N3b.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

had to reinstall the game just for that!

:)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,152 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently it's just an AI predator. could still be good fun.

it's not free either, meh, fcuk that.. their ads for it showed it as being free, but apparently you need to spend 2800 points to unlock it, which translates into around 20 quid

"free special challenge"
    https://youtu.be/cokpaG9SyiE?t=6

costs 20 quid lol

• Advertisement

it's not free either, meh, fcuk that.. their ads for it showed it as being free, but apparently you need to spend 2800 points to unlock it, which translates into around 20 quid

"free special challenge"
    https://youtu.be/cokpaG9SyiE?t=6

costs 20 quid lol

No. That is the predator pack. As in gear and helmet for the campaign/multiplayer.

So whats the craic with the free event? says i need to purchase that ****e from the store to play it.

edit:

it's in the campaign as a story mission in the bottom right of the map (assume it's the same for everyone) called "The Jungle Moved"

you could have thrown me a bone there failsafe, considering the 20quid dlc is named identically to the free event and has items seen in the promo videos, you were pretty unhelpful.
    https://youtu.be/XshX6QpF9Qo

So whats the craic with the free event? says i need to purchase that ****e from the store to play it.

edit:

it's in the campaign as a story mission in the bottom right of the map (assume it's the same for everyone) called "The Jungle Moved"

you could have thrown me a bone there failsafe, considering the 20quid dlc is named identically to the free event and has items seen in the promo videos, you were pretty unhelpful.

https://youtu.be/XshX6QpF9Qo

Maybe you can do your homework next time.

You said it was paid DLC. I said "No" and told you "That is the predator pack". "As in gear and helmet for the campaign/multiplayer"

In fact, I wouldn't post that the mode is "paid DLC" until I took 10 seconds to Google in case I was mistaken.

Next time I'll use crayons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks, keep it civil please. No need at all for sniping and condescension.

Decent mission, the sound effects are top notch but the actual fight is kinda crap, he never uses the trees.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Decent mission, the sound effects are top notch but the actual fight is kinda crap, he never uses the trees.

He does use the trees.

How not to kill the Predator.

Back playing this recently thanks to the new tier one mode [new if you havent played in a while like me], really adds to the game and once you rank up higher in tier mode your forced to play the game as it should be ie extreme difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

Playing through this on PC at the moment and am finding it great. Slow enough start and it does get a bit repetitive but I think overall its a great game. The game world is excellent.

Anybody redownload for the new free DLC - Operation Oracle

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody redownload for the new free DLC - Operation Oracle

Yeah I did , I still have the other one to play the Splinter Cell and R6 Siege

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On the verge of buying this (15 on PSN or 21 in Argos) CEX will give 11 cash so only a tenner if I didn't like it.

Would only be playing solo and from what I've been told in the new GR thread, it's fine playing on with the AI. I love the division but you can't beat 1 shot kills. I see there are 2 years of season passes but also free missions released. Is the splinter cell mission free?

Does this game still hold up in 2019?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I re-installed it at the weekend and had great fun playing it again. I still had main storyline missions to do, so got stuck into them. I have the season pass, so I honestly don't know what's "free" and what's paid additional content in the main map (the major DLC is a separate thing that launches from the main menu and I haven't looked at it at all cause I hadn't finished the main campaign).

I think the Predator mission was free for everyone and I can only guess that the tie-in missions to their other games are there as an advertisement and so they'd want to make them available to as wide an audience as possible.

I never bought any DLC or season pass yet had hundreds of hours enjoyment, the world is huge with countless bases to infiltrate even away from the main campaign, why infiltrate bases you might think well that red dot sight you want for your AUG assault rifle will be there or that sniper rifle your after.
    I mostly played solo too.

Narco Wars (****ty driving)
    Fallen Ghosts (invisible enemies )

Are the 2 main DLCS, all the crossovers are free.

My best Wildlands moment was in Tier 1 difficulty in the campaign.

I needed to obtain a collectable medal kept inside a cartel compound.

I travel to the compound and hide nearby in the cover of darkness. I deployed my drone and noticed something interesting. In the compound a meeting was taking place between the cartel and Unidad forces. Vehicles on both sides of the meet were lighting up the centre of this large circle of soldiers and sicarios. In between both side one man from each party holding their talks.

If I go in loud I am dead in "Tier 1"
    There are way too many men from both factions in the compound. I think about it and then I call for a rebel distraction at the front gates of the compound hoping I can cause some misdirection then sneak in, snatch the medal and sneak out undetected. What happened next is hilarious.

Rebels show up at the gates and all hell breaks lose, guards at the gates start shooting at the rebels, then both factions assume the other set them up so they open fire at each other. I am in fits of laughter sneaking into the compound laughing at both sides trading shots as I pick up the medal and leave the base.

Dipping in and out again at the moment, I have main story completed but still have bits and pieces to do. Game world is fantastic. Can not complete the first DLC where I have to steal the helicopter no matter what I do.

Glebee wrote: »
    Dipping in and out again at the moment, I have main story completed but still have bits and pieces to do. Game world is fantastic. Can not complete the first DLC where I have to steal the helicopter no matter what I do.

Sit on the mountain to the east and pick off what you can, go in via the east entrance.

Not sure why but i struggled with this by trying the south entrance, tried the east entrance once and it was easy (last night this was :D )

OK so thats me done with Wildland. Overall I really enjoyed that playthrough. Hope the next Ghost Recon game is as good..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PSN sale finishes tomorrow and I saw it has a demo so downloaded it to give it a quick go tonight. If I get, it the game is fully downloaded and my progress will carry over. Intro explaining the story already has me very interested. Any beginning tips to get off to a good start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PSN sale finishes tomorrow and I saw it has a demo so downloaded it to give it a quick go tonight. If I get, it the game is fully downloaded and my progress will carry over. Intro explaining the story already has me very interested. Any beginning tips to get off to a good start?

I'm slightly tempted to get this too as game looks huge and great value at the current sale price but still have to play Days Gone plus Division 2 Raid starts on Thursday.

Advertisement