Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm slightly tempted to get this too as game looks huge and great value at the current sale price but still have to play Days Gone plus Division 2 Raid starts on Thursday.

Yeah I'm not touching anything else until days gone is finished but gonna try the demo tonight so I can decide before the sale finishes. I'm only WT 2 in division 2 so need to get back to that as well but the summer is looking a bit dry game wise so this might fill that void.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not touching anything else until days gone is finished but gonna try the demo tonight so I can decide before the sale finishes. I'm only WT 2 in division 2 so need to get back to that as well but the summer is looking a bit dry game wise so this might fill that void.

I'm WT5 so I'm raid ready (sorta) so probably playing that this week. I still have DMC5 and Rage 2 to play along with Days Gone so might wait a while for them to go on sale. I also have the ever growing backlog I could go through

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PSN sale finishes tomorrow and I saw it has a demo so downloaded it to give it a quick go tonight. If I get, it the game is fully downloaded and my progress will carry over. Intro explaining the story already has me very interested. Any beginning tips to get off to a good start?

Get the HTI sniper rifle as quickly as you can( easily googleable) and TXii scope. it shoots tru most cover unsilenced only.
    Dont bother with the side missions (the icons of the map).
    Find a decent assault rifle for CQB, i used the L85a2

Find some other PS4 lads to play it with to make **** interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd also suggest that it's perfectly sensible to change your loadout in the middle of a mission, there are loads of the weapon stashes in the game to allow you to do so. Switching out a sniper rifle for an SMG or shotgun when you move from ranged to close quarters will save your life instead of waiting for your AR to reload :D

Also, the under-barrel grenade launchers for your AR are extremely useful for taking care of helicopters once you get the range and "arc" dialed in.

Did a couple of missions last night. Found myself stuck in a position afraid to move, fairly tense, until I made a mistake and my AI guys took out everyone before I could shoot a bullet. The next mission, they alerted the camp by 'sneaking' around in the middle of the enemy area, bumping one of the enemies to 'sneak' past him. hhhmmmm. The motorbike is a great laugh to get around though. Think I'm gonna make the purchase.

• Advertisement

Did a couple of missions last night. Found myself stuck in a position afraid to move, fairly tense, until I made a mistake and my AI guys took out everyone before I could shoot a bullet. The next mission, they alerted the camp by 'sneaking' around in the middle of the enemy area, bumping one of the enemies to 'sneak' past him. hhhmmmm. The motorbike is a great laugh to get around though. Think I'm gonna make the purchase.

Your AI are invisible :D You alerted the camp :D

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_JRyOZFy8

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your AI are invisible :D You alerted the camp :D

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_JRyOZFy8

What! I was hiding in a bush, in a brave manly way of course :pac:

I don't think the bushes count as hard cover for blocking LOS. One of the useful features of the "easy mode" HUD elements is that you can learn when you're being spotted and which cover will prevent it.

Aaaaaaand I forgot to buy it last night, ffs. Ah it's still cheap in Argos anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Aaaaaaand I forgot to buy it last night, ffs. Ah it's still cheap in Argos anyway.

I bought it anyway

• Advertisement

Finished the main story yesterday and decided to start on Narco Road today. Jebus, it's frustrating. The missions are annoying and the vechicle handling being as poor as it is means it's a bit of a sht show to try and drive around.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finished the main story yesterday and decided to start on Narco Road today. Jebus, it's frustrating. The missions are annoying and the vechicle handling being as poor as it is means it's a bit of a sht show to try and drive around.

Its making me want to smash the keyboard.

It gets worse when you have to steal cars and planes etc:

im on the 3rd last guy and his voice is irritating me too.

I'm skipping it, doing the Fallen Ghosts instead and it's off to a fine start.

A BR released for this and it looks awesome.....IF it can be played privatley!!!

Didnt think the Anvil engine could support 8 players with that large map but seemingly its good.

But it needs private play as Wildlands is great craic with others in coop. To go up against your buddies would be brilliant.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/jDCnWUzxKV6r7xeD7RLRT/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-update-mercenaries

Advertisement